Black & White Apple Pro Mice

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    I think the Pro Mice are 60 or 70

Kinda pricey for a mouse. Does the extra buttons really give you that much of an advantage on OS X?
  • Reply 22 of 39
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    You guys have it all wrong...

Overhope meant to say gray not gay...

It's a typo.

• Reply 23 of 39
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Overhope

They're functionally identical, it's just the inner housing that's a different colour.

Though the white ones look gay.

That's putting it mildly ....

I think they're faggy looking.
  • Reply 24 of 39
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I think you should get the black mouse it seems to go better with the powerbook's dark color and the keyboard.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by MGG

I think you should get the black mouse it seems to go better with the powerbook's dark color and the keyboard.

Yeah, I think the Black one fits the color scheme of the PowerBook and the white one looks iBook-ish. Both are cool tho.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    rara Posts: 623member
    You know... you could probably get an optical mouse with two+ buttons and a scroll wheel for less than the Apple "Pro" mouse.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If the black "Pro" (cough, snicker, giggle) mouse is EOL'd, does this mean that we'll be getting a new mouse to ship with the Pro machines.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    No, they'll probably just start shipping the white keyboard + mouse with 'em sometime.

Although I think we are due for a mouse and keyboard update. Two button + scroll would be awesome, but it has to maintain the simplicity and functionality of an Apple product.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    I really think that the Powerbook should get a multibutton track pad, and maybe a scroll wheel. i am sick of having to "line up" the pointer to that thin scroll bar. AND...pros usually use apps that benifit from 2 button mice.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    You can use uControl to emulate a scroll pad whenver you hold down a modifier key or combination of modifier keys. For me, when I hold down the Fn key, I can just move my finger up and down on the trackpad to scroll. Release the Fn key and it's back to normal. Big time saver, and I prefer it over "scroll buttons" or "scroll sections" because you can 1) scroll horizontally and 2) enable and disable whenever, without ever accidentally scrolling.

That add-on also lets you turn your Enter key into another option key, and basically you can remap almost any of your modifier keys.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    spiffsterspiffster Posts: 327member
    Logitech MX500

The best mouse ~$30 can get you. I recommended the MX 700 before, but I forgot it was for a PB. Personally, I love the foward/back thumb buttons on the side for your web browser. I use it for an iBook with a broken track pad. Very, Very nice mouse. Its pretty much the same thing as its big brother the MX700, but wired. Highly recommended over the Apple pro mouse.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    I still like the Macally mini-RFmouse.....holy sh!t... Never mind! I'm gettingTHIS MOUSE! instead! Man, that is NICE! And only $20 us!?
  • Reply 33 of 39

That's my mouse. Yeah, it's MS, and it's an older model, but it's really in good shape. The back/forward buttons are on opposite sides so it's easy to click either one. The wheel spins very loosely which I like (I don't like "clicky" wheels). The tracking is pretty good and the mouse itself is very light but still feels fairly solid. Although I've noticed that most MS mice seem kind of light and flimsy, I've grown used to it and I like how light it is now. Also, the OS X software is really good, unlike Logitech's.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    Sorry, I like my Kensington much better than the MS Optical they have at work. The MouseWorks software for OSX is great, the blue glow is more subtle than that red tail light and, well, it's not an MS product, so there's that

• Reply 35 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Edit....

note to self... read all posts...

(EchoEchoEchoEcho)

Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

You can use uControl to emulate a scroll pad whenver you hold down a modifier key or combination of modifier keys. For me, when I hold down the Fn key, I can just move my finger up and down on the trackpad to scroll. Release the Fn key and it's back to normal. Big time saver, and I prefer it over "scroll buttons" or "scroll sections" because you can 1) scroll horizontally and 2) enable and disable whenever, without ever accidentally scrolling.

That add-on also lets you turn your Enter key into another option key, and basically you can remap almost any of your modifier keys.

yup, i do the same thing only i remapped the enter key to a Fn key... makes scrolling much easier... i wish there was a way to make the left hand part of the PB's button different from the right part, so you could add a modifier key to it..
  • Reply 36 of 39
    The ucontrol website's not working... Hmm. I'll check later.

I got a black Pro mouse! I love it! I was seduced by it!
  • Reply 37 of 39
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Good-oh. See, they're nice bits of kit.

And not at all gay.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    works fine for me...
  • Reply 39 of 39
    okay i downloaded it now. I'll give it a try!

edit: maybe not. it does more than what i want it to do.