Best laser printers for Mac in 2023: revolutionize your printing experience

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    I have a Kyocera ECOSYS P5026cdw and it does everything I want from a colour laser printer. 3rd party toners work fine. 
    TBH, I would not touch any modern HP product with a 100ft pole and that comes from someone who spent years working for the old HP but since around the time of Carly, the company went to pot.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    I’ve had two HP 11x17 laser printers with 2 trays. One for 8.5” x 11”, one for 11” x 17”

The first printer lasted 17 years. I bought 2 toner cartridges for it, maybe 3? 
    It needed a replacement drum (or something) at about 12 years.

My current printer (M712) is going on 10 years. 
    I’m on a second toner cartridge, after the original finally ran out.

The price for each was virtually the same, about $1800. 

You can’t beat a good quality laser printer for print quality, reliability and longevity.
    A color laser printer would be nice, though!
    edited February 2023
  • Reply 23 of 24
    This article ought to look into ease of use for the apps, especially the scanning.

I am really stuck with horrendous Hewlett-Packard app for macOS 11 and higher. Scanning has gotten so frustratingly slow and so cumbersome so I uninstalled HP app. I no longer could scan one page after one on the printer and have it send the multipe scanned pages as one file to the Mac as I could under High Sierra. I have to use System Settings —> Printer/Scanner —> Open Scanner —> ad infinitum...

I don't know why the Apple's Preview shows the Import from scanner greyed out and the Edit —> Insert —> does not show the scanner/printer. Infuriating...

I thought about switching to different brand so what can you suggest as alternative to Hewlett-Packard?