Dubious report says yellow iPhone 14 to launch next week

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 2023
A post on Chinese social media says this year's mid-cycle color update for the iPhone 14 will be yellow, though the source has no clear track record.

A rumored new iPhone 14 could be as yellow as this iPhone 5c
A rumored new iPhone 14 could be as yellow as this iPhone 5c

It's now routine for Apple to introduce a new color variant of its current iPhone, around six months after the initial launch. In March 22, the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro gained different shades of green, for instance.

In 2021, the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini saw a new purple color, approximately midway between the initial launch of those models, and of the iPhone 13 range.

Now a very brief blog on Japanese site Macotakara references an even briefer comment on Weibo about this year's new color. The word "yellow," is the sum total of the claimed leak.

So even if it's accurate, it's not clear which models of iPhone 14 will get the new color. Nor is it known whether there will be two or more different yellows, nor what official name Apple gives the color.

The original source does not appear to have a track record in accurately leaking Apple News. However, MacRumors does also add that the yellow iPhone will be announced as early as the week beginning March 6, 2023, so there isn't long to wait.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 528member
    Yellow would be a nice spring colour to launch. I like the idea. 
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Not to mention the product red 7 and 8 in the spring of 2017 and 2018, respectively
  • Reply 3 of 10
    davebarnesdavebarnes Posts: 367member
    I cannot even tell you what color my current iPhone is as I always encase it in silicone. The silicone case is pale green.
    edited March 2023 Japheyg-med
  • Reply 4 of 10
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    I cannot even tell you what color my current iPhone is as I always encase it in silicone. The silicone case is pale green.
    So you always apply silicone to cover your Apple Silicon.
    mknelson
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mirekmirek Posts: 3member
    Yellow ... and the man, who wrote it wasn't he Arthur Phillip Dent? And are you sure, that he was writing about a phone?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    M68000M68000 Posts: 728member
    JP234 said:
    No one needs a yellow iPhone 14 at this point. We're all waiting for the 15 now.
    I’m sure some people would like it.  The real question would be if Apple knew many months ago they were moving to usb-c,  why continue with this.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    I was wondering why the stock just jumped $5.  🤣
    M68000
  • Reply 8 of 10
    I was wondering why the stock just jumped $5.  🤣
    Cuz of Grandpa jobs 😁.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,168member
    My daughter got an 11 instead of a 12 back in the day to get yellow.