Apple TV+ comedy 'Shrinking' gets season two renewal

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
"Ted Lasso" may be coming to a close, but that leaves show runners Bill Lawrence and Brett Goldstein space to work on "Shrinking," which has just been renewed for season two on Apple TV+.

'Shrinking' has been renewed for season 2
'Shrinking' has been renewed for season 2

"Shrinking" is an Apple TV+ comedy and is in the middle of airing its debut 10-episode season. The show stars Harrison Ford and Jason Segel -- hailing from the creators of "Ted Lasso."

Apple TV+ announced that the series was renewed for season two on Thursday. The press release shares that critics have called the show "one of 2023's funniest shows" and the "most charming and life-affirming show about grieving ever made."

"We have loved the engaging, touching, and hilarious world of 'Shrinking' since the beginning, and it has been wonderful to watch as audiences around the world continue to connect with these big-hearted characters," said Matt Cherniss, head of programming for Apple TV+. "We can't wait for viewers to experience what the cast and creative team have for season two."

Episode eight of "Shrinking" airs on Friday, with only two more episodes to go after that for the first season. It can be watched via an Apple TV+ subscription that costs $6.99 per month or included in the Apple One subscription bundle.

Read on AppleInsider
mattinoz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,448member
    This has been a surprisingly good show. Will be interesting to see how they going to develop without falling into the session 2 rinse and repeat.
    jedwards87mike1
  • Reply 2 of 6
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 13,055member
    Tastes are subjective but we barely made it thru one episode and found it too cringe. 

For us the most charming show about grief is After Life, by the creator of The Office, Ricky Gervais. 
    edited March 2023 grandact73
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Excellent, funny show. Looking forward for S2

mike1
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Tastes are subjective but we barely made it thru one episode and found it too cringe. 

For us the most charming show about grief is After Life, by the creator of The Office, Ricky Gervais. 
    While I understand what you are saying you should try to watch another episode or 2 if you can. It definitely gets better as the characters develop and the writing is pretty darn good. Same happened to us with Severance but we decided to give it another shot and ended up loving it.

I do agree with you about After Life. That was a fantastic show.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jeromecjeromec Posts: 210member
    DIdn't like the first 1 or 2 episodes. The installation of the situations and characters is laborious.
    But it's grown on me a lot and I loved the latest episodes.
    :-)
    edited March 2023
  • Reply 6 of 6
    1348513485 Posts: 363member
    Agree with others that the first couple of episodes were a little hard in terms of figuring out what the show wanted to be, but now I would say it's pretty good and worth the time.