iPhone 15 Pro will have blistering performance, claims leaked benchmarks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    You guys do know that this exists?: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

And will soon just be a USB-C to HDMI cable.

What's sad, is when people said using your "Android Phone" as a computer was ALL the new rage.  They could give two $#!+s that you can use an iPhone as a computer on a 1080p HDMI screen, maybe even 4K with the iPhone 15.  That'd be a pretty sweet if you were "dirt poor" or used this a work computer and iPhone on the road, in a low budget REALISTIC company with a real budget I mean...

Laters
  • Reply 22 of 25
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,302member
    I agree with those saying that this isn’t so crazy. Recent improvements in single thread performance have come seemingly entirely from small clock speed gains. That’s because it’s been a while now since we’ve had a big architectural improvement AND it’s been a while since we’ve had a full process node advance.

With 3nm, we can get a bigger clock speed improvement AND a bigger transistor budget, allowing for architectural improvements. 

Edit — more specifically, apples big core has had an 8-wide design for a while. A move to 10-wide with additional backend resources and cache to support it could contribute to bigger performance gains than we’ve been used to. Apple could even pull their punches on clock speed if they did an architectural improvement like that.
    edited March 2023 mobirdFileMakerFellerBart Ytmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Rogue01 said:
    Don't know what version of Geekbench they are running, but Geekbench 5 for the iPhone 13 Pro is 1,745 for Single-Core and 4,796 for Multi-Core.  So if that is a newer version of Geekbench, they changed the scale to give it higher numbers, as they claim the 13 Pro is 2,260 and 5,427.

Downloaded Geekbench 6 and my iPhone 13 Pro is now 2,275 for single, and 5,536 for multi.  Wonder why they changed the scale to make the numbers higher, when version 4 to 5 actually adjusted the scale for lower numbers.

Scale reflects what the new base system (Intel Core i7-12700) is as compared to the previous base system. They may have made the new baseline score higher (2500) to keep older scores more consistent, so the previous base system which was a Core i3 had a baseline score of 1000... and probably stills scores in that area under this new scale.
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 25
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,302member
    mjtomlin said:
    Rogue01 said:
    Don't know what version of Geekbench they are running, but Geekbench 5 for the iPhone 13 Pro is 1,745 for Single-Core and 4,796 for Multi-Core.  So if that is a newer version of Geekbench, they changed the scale to give it higher numbers, as they claim the 13 Pro is 2,260 and 5,427.

Downloaded Geekbench 6 and my iPhone 13 Pro is now 2,275 for single, and 5,536 for multi.  Wonder why they changed the scale to make the numbers higher, when version 4 to 5 actually adjusted the scale for lower numbers.

Scale reflects what the new base system (Intel Core i7-12700) is as compared to the previous base system. They may have made the new baseline score higher (2500) to keep older scores more consistent, so the previous base system which was a Core i3 had a baseline score of 1000... and probably stills scores in that area under this new scale.
    The core i3 8130U gets about 1000 in geekbench 6 but Musca lower scores in geekbench 5 (700-800). So I’m not sure what they are thinking with that scaling.