Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Uh, what Scott said.

And what Hassan and Anders said.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Anders,

I'm not trying to shift the focus, rather I am trying to get you to use a consistent measuring stick to apply to the behaviour of Both camps.

If you bothered to fully digest what I was saying, you would have realised that that I don't approve of terrorism, either state sanctioned or otherwise.

That means both sides.

As to when the terrorism started ?

Good point.

Shall we go back to Hebron in the 1930's when 2000 + jews were butchered by muslim mobs.

or should I quote the Koran that states that a true muslim will have....

" No dealings with the jews for they are the enemy of all that Allah has declared to be righteous "

As to left wing governments in europe doing all they can.

Oh really... don't make me laugh.

I don't think you understand the term "Realpolitik"

France, Germany, Italy, & England had virtual decades of left leaning governments that sat on there proverbial hands.

As to the we don't need the oil line..consider both France & Gemany's lucrative deals with Iraq & Saudi Arabia during the 1970's oil crisis , where as part of the agreements both countries found themselves favouring full UN recognition of the PLO, ( not to mention the side benefits of supplying arms for oil, Nuclear technology to Iraq) etc etc etc

• Reply 23 of 36
    Uh oh. He misquoted the Koran from some dodgy website where all the text is probably green and underlined in order to prove there's no dealing with the towelheads.

Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Anders,

" No dealings with the jews for they are the enemy of all that Allah has declared to be righteous "

• Reply 24 of 36
    ... and another thing, do you have any idea as to your country's involvement in terrorism?

Please stop this embarrassing shit, there's a good lad.
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Harald,

Would you like a digestion biscuit with your cup of tea ?

• Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:

Harald,

Would you like a digestion biscuit with your cup of tea ?

I think you mean "digestive." That would be lovely.

... I'm presuming that was an attempt at humour through national stereotype. So inept it's sweet more then anything.

Mind if I have a go?

Uh, "Stop eating all that shit food fat boy!"

Nope, I can't make that kind of thing funny either. Ho hum. Not even with smilies. Ah well.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

how about:

"Does not their Talmud say, and do not their rabbis write, that it is no sin to kill if a Jew kills a heathen (...) It is no sin if he does not keep his oath to a heathen. Therefore, to steal and rob, as they do with their usury, from a heathen is a divine service."

"For I see in their writings how they curse us goyim and wish us all evil in their schools and their prayers."

Martin Luther, 1543

See? you can twist the words of religion and religious people all you want.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea that Sinai idea is not right.

IMO they can work out the past peace deals if only great pressure is brought to bare on all sides by everyone at the same time. Time to tell the world that it's over once and for all.

It's not going to happen though. There's almost no hope at all.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    naderfannaderfan Posts: 156member
    Another problem, to add to the hundreds already exisiting in the Mideast, is that the struggle is still fairly recent. Israel hasn't even been a country for a hundred years and so it's common to still have all these problems. The other factor is that the people at the head of governments (if you will admit for the purpose of this example that Arafat can count as head of a "government") are old. These men have been fighting for a long long time and have seen atrocities committed by both sides. They still have long grudges to bear. Another major step to peace will be to see new, younger people take over. Hopefully people who somehow won't be tainted by the horrors encountered everyday on both sides. It'll take a long time.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

So why did the "Oslo Agreement" fail when Israel was willing to give up to 95% of all the occupied territories in dispute?

Because the remaining 5% included the border with Syria and all of the wells.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Harald,

Little patronising comments like " there"s a good lad "

as well abusive comments such as " Shit " & " Fat boy " show you up to be a semi illiterate snob, who is obviously accustomed to having his pontifications viewed as unquestionable truth.

If your intemperate language is an example of "Tolerant debate " then I fear freedom of speech is truly in for a rough ride.

Ps And to think you were named after a noble King !

• Reply 32 of 36
    Quote:

Harald,

Little patronising comments like " there"s a good lad "

as well abusive comments such as " Shit " & " Fat boy " show you up to be a semi illiterate snob, who is obviously accustomed to having his pontifications viewed as unquestionable truth.

If your intemperate language is an example of "Tolerant debate " then I fear freedom of speech is truly in for a rough ride.

Ps And to think you were named after a noble King !

Hey don't derail my thread Oh BTW free speech is never in danger when people say what they want. Intelligent speech maybe but not free.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Re the Europeans,

Read Dershowitz et al, he makes it pretty plain that European countries have deliberately (since the late 1960's when France fell out with israel ) fostered global terrorism by trying to understand its

" root cause ".

This is a pap for trendy left wing middle class revolutionaries forever wanting to stand at the barracades waying a red flag in one hand while drinking champagne in the other.

In my country giving comfort to criminals is called

" Aiding & abetting " for which you can go to jail for a very long stretch.

But because Europe is almost entirely dependent on the flow of oil from the middle east, they choose to turn a blind eye on the attrocities carried out in Israel & even within their own borders by the PLO & its allied splinter factions.

Yes, America isn' t perfect, nor England or any other country that truly believes in democracy & liberty; but the Euoropean doctrine of " Appeasement " towards the PLO & other violent islamic groups in their midst makes a mockery of their alleged even handed approach to the question of the israeli / palestinian conflict.

And by the way, if you think that the european press is unbiased think again. AFP ( Allied French Press ) were the ones to coin the emotive term " Refugee camps "

to describe the solid brick towns & cities filled with Palestinians living in the West bank & Gaza Strip.

Its an Oxymoron to desribe any such town or city built of solid bricks & supplied with power , sewerage , lighting etc as being the equivilant to a " tent flapping in a sand storm ", but that's the image they want you to believe when they use the term " Refugee camp "

You cant be a refugee in your own country..Duhhhh !

I must admit this is the first that I have read of this thread

and this guys rhetoric takes the cake

is it an early Colandar style parody?!?!?!?

hahahah
  • Reply 34 of 36
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea that Sinai idea is not right.

IMO they can work out the past peace deals if only great pressure is brought to bare on all sides by everyone at the same time. Time to tell the world that it's over once and for all.

It's not going to happen though. There's almost no hope at all.

Sheeesh

waht's teh world coming to . . . Im in full agreement

. . . with Scott

• Reply 35 of 36
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Sheeesh

waht's teh world coming to . . . Im in full agreement

. . . with Scott

Just goes to show we have our hearts in the right place. It's how we get to that place that causes the friction.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    My feet are getting cold. I wonder why