AirPods Pro noise cancellation featured in new 'Quiet the Noise' ad

Posted:
in iPhone
In a new ad called "Quiet the noise," Apple stresses how the new AirPods Pro have up to twice the active noise cancellation of the original model.

The 68-second ad, posted to Apple's YouTube channel, shows a woman strolling through a busy city, while wearing AirPods Pro 2. It follows her route as she passes an ever increasingly fantastical series of loud sounds -- such as a pneumatic drill workman floating as he breaks up a section of street.

{"@context":"https://schema.org/","@type":"VideoObject","name":"The new AirPods Pro | Quiet the noise | Apple","description":"The new AirPods Pro. Up to 2x more Active Noise Cancellation than the previous generation.","thumbnailUrl":"https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fVW8-px4Ufw/sddefault.jpg","uploadDate":"2023-03-15T13:00:36Z","duration":"PT1M9S","embedUrl":""}

Throughout that, children playing loudly, and also rush-hour levels of traffic, all she hears is "Where is my Mind?", a track by Tkay Maidza, which can be heard on Apple Music.

Apple's second generation AirPods Pro were released in 2022, and provide more than improved noise cancelation. Almost three years after the first edition, the now current AirPods Pro have a better fit, improved design, and improved audio quality.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,009member
    This feature is really quite good, no question about that.

I wish Apple can figure out how to block out ambient/background noise for phone calls for the remote participant. That's a problem, when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone walking on a busy street or other noisy environment - their voice struggles to be made out quite often.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    Best features of AP2 are noise cancellation, fit, and spatial audio, in that order. Suggest Apple investigate adapting chameleon foot micro hair technology to the surface of silicone tips for even greater security. 

On another thread someone was complaining about battery life and it got me to thinking. Maybe a better application of the “subscription” purchase model offered for iPhones would be for AirPods. I would be happy to automatically upgrade to a fresh pair with a new battery every year or two rather than have them die on me. iPhones still have many good years in them when replaced this on this plan. APs are on their last legs typically. Some credit on the old ones you turn in against the cost of new ones would be a fine incentive. 
    edited March 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    Pretty accurate depiction of actual use of their noise cancellation. v1 was great. v2 is nearly perfect.
    edited March 2023 watto_cobra