Which politcal party are you really? (Quiz and poll)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    It said I am a right-conservative. Big surprise there.

Nick
  • Reply 22 of 47
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    did you read the FAQ on the quiz? it actually talks about why some quesitons are left out, and why it's so short.

they say that this quiz is/was as accurate as much longer ones that they've given, but of course you'll have to take their word for that.

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz-faq.html#faq05
  • Reply 23 of 47
    I'm pretty sure I took this test (maybe a couple of times?!) before and it would be nice to know if my scores have changed since then but I digress...

So I am somewhere in "Left-Liberal" land with a "personal" score of 70% and a "economic" score of 20%.

Unfortunately tests like these as others have pointed out don't work very well. I think this is down to the fact that "multiple-choice" type questions don't suit politics. Even if there were 100 or more multiple choice questions I think it would be unsuitable.

But these tests are fun in any case
  • Reply 24 of 47
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    To my utter shock and dismay, I'm apparently a "centrist".

That little red dot perfectly straddled the line between "centrist" and "libertarian", but was over to the right a bit toward "conservative" by one grid square.

That's because I answered "no" on quite a few questions that some of you stereotype-happy folks would freak out if you only knew...

• Reply 25 of 47
    Apparently I am Ba'athist, which came as something of a shock.
  • Reply 26 of 47
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Not to us, pal.
  • Reply 27 of 47
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Left Liberal. No surprise here either.
  • Reply 28 of 47
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I'm in a tri-state area. Which is funny because I despise both centrists and libertarians.

But isn't this the quiz run by the libertarians and designed to make people seem more libertarian than they really are? And I don't see how anyone could score high on their economic self-government subscale: End all taxes? No foreign aid? Uh-huh. I always thought those libertarians were a bunch of wackos.

• Reply 29 of 47
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I a m a nihilist , i deny even my own existence ...
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Kinda spooky... it claims I'm a left libral.... ::-shrugs-::
  • Reply 31 of 47
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    read the FAQ man. they talk about that. they really don't want people to score high as libertarians because they don't have the resources to court people who aren't really going to be happy with the party.

the taxes question was apparently a "truth" style question. they don't expect anyone to want to end all taxes. the FAQ is good reading, although i know it pains folks to read up on stuff.

• Reply 32 of 47
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Wow, tons of liberals (myself included). I guess Mac users are less conservative than the majority of the population.
  • Reply 33 of 47
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    i accedently voted centrist before i took the quiz . . . i am squarely left-liberal

big surprise hunh?
  • Reply 34 of 47
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

i accedently voted centrist before i took the quiz . . . i am squarely left-liberal

big surprise hunh?

Don't you say once, that you have plenty of conservatives values ?
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Just so you fellows could see what one looks like:

To the core.
  • Reply 36 of 47
    thttht Posts: 5,616member
    Political Compass is a pretty good politics "determinator". Lots of questions.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by THT

Political Compass is a pretty good politics "determinator". Lots of questions.

I don't know. Those questions are pretty screwy. It's important to remember how much the manner in which the question is phrased can impact the answer.

For example, question 1:

Quote:

If globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

There are many implicit assumptions and loaded terms in this question.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    thttht Posts: 5,616member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

I don't know. Those questions are pretty screwy. It's important to remember how much the manner in which the question is phrased can impact the answer.

Yes, there are lots of obtuse and controversial questions in the political compass quiz. No disagreement there. But at least it has a fairly comprehensive set of questions.
  • Reply 39 of 47
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Left-Liberal. No surprise there.
  • Reply 40 of 47
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Centrist. Right in the freaking center of the graph.