Belkin's Matter woes, ESR Find My wallet, & more smart home news

Posted:
in General Discussion
Belkin is stepping back from the Matter standard, ESR got a new Find My-enabled Geo Wallet & Stand, and there is much more news on the Homekit Insider podcast.

HomeKit Insider
HomeKit Insider

After previously committing to Matter, Belkin is now putting its rollout on hold. It has decided to reevaluate the standard as it looks for better ways to differentiate itself from others in the market -- and that might not be a bad thing, either.

Meanwhile, ESR launched a crowdfunding campaign this week for its GEO Wallet & Stand. This MagSafe wallet connects magnetically to the back of your phone, can act as a stand, has a built-in grip, and works with Apple's Find My app.

Finally, this week we saw the last-generation Ecobee thermostats get updated with a new user interface and Home Widgets app announce a new feature for iOS 16.4.

We spent the last bit of the episode following up on some baby tech and answering a listener question on tips for a new smart home.

Links from the show

Subscribe and listen to our AppleInsider Daily podcast for the latest Apple news Monday through Friday. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider