Apple releases macOS Ventura 13.3.1 to fix Apple Watch auto-unlock feature

Posted:
in macOS
Apple has released macOS Ventura 13.3.1 that fixes a bug with Auto Unlock with the Apple Watch.

New official release for macOS Ventura
New official release for macOS Ventura

The company has updated the Mac to version 13.3.1 just a couple weeks after the release of macOS Ventura 13.3. It's a minor update that fixes two bugs, according to Apple's release notes.

The update contains a fix for a bug that could prevent Auto Unlock with Apple Watch from working, as well as a fix for a problem that prevented the pushing hands emoji from displaying skin tone variations, according to Apple's release notes.

• Pushing hands emoji does not show skin tone variations

• Auto Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch may not work

Apple is also beta testing macOS Ventura 13.4 that will be released in the coming months.

Mac users can update by going to Settings > General > Software Update, and the build number is 22E261. Apple has also issued updates for iOS and iPad OS 16.4.1.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    DanZDanZ Posts: 2member
    Also fixed in 13.3.1 is allowing pointer and keyboard to move between another nearby Mac and push through the edge to connect/control a nearbyMac.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Ah good! Had just noticed it wasn’t working for me. 

…fixed!
    edited April 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    michelb76michelb76 Posts: 620member
    DanZ said:
    Also fixed in 13.3.1 is allowing pointer and keyboard to move between another nearby Mac and push through the edge to connect/control a nearbyMac.
    Yeah handoff and continuity is broken between macs, and the screensaver has issues if you have more than one screen since 13.3. Wish I held off on that update.
    So far this is still the case with 13.4 beta.
    edited April 2023
  • Reply 4 of 4
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    So nice to have the auto unlock with watch working again.  Even with touch ID I forgot how seamless that is!