Apple's long-rumored 27-inch mini LED display probably isn't happening

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    MadbumMadbum Posts: 536member
    The most accurate Apple Supply Chain analyst Ming Chi Kuo just tweeted the monitor is coming 2024 Q4

https://twitter.com/mingchikuo/status/1645657044886904834?s=46&t=pZQ45DkMFleG-wYTxddopg
  • Reply 22 of 27
    MBP would be much better off without the XDR mini LED display consuming all the battery. 

The display on my MBP gets hot and if I turn it on max brightness, it gets very hot and eats all my battery in a few hours. 

Imagine this computer with an OLED screen or a normal high grade LED screen like the MacBook Air - and my eyes aren't really good enough to tell the difference most times between the MBA and the MBP screens. I don't do graphics work, I don't need this thing. 

The XDR display is a luxury they threw in just because, they thought, what else to do with that massive 100mWh battery, it would last 24 hours, nobody wants that.

Um.. I do.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    michelb76michelb76 Posts: 631member
    danox said:
    If you don’t build it, you can’t sell it, a new 27 inch or a 32 inch iMac will sell even in these so-called perilous times, the same goes for a new Mac pro using Apple Silicon chips. Sitting on a 27” 2011 iMac….. with a hole in the pocket, waiting for Apple to produce.
    Apple is not looking to sell 5 of these. If there's no scale or upward trend, and there isn't right now, it's downright stupid and irresponsible to release such a product.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Tell you the truth, I am really tired of Apple dithering a lot of times about whether to offer the next generation 27" iMac or not. 24" is too small for my need, and I don't want to buy separate mac mini and monitor. 27" iMac is perfect in every way: right size, all-in-one, transportable in one go, etc.

I still have 27" iMac (Mid-2010) that I still use to this day. Unfortunately, I am stuck at High Sierra (dosdude1 patch for Catalina cause some stability issues and weird graphic rendering due to the graphic card not configured for Metal). I have given up on waiting for the Australian start-up company, Juicy Crumb, to offer the retrofit kit that allows 27" iMac owners to replace the logic board and graphic card with mac mini M1/M2 (removed from its case) inside iMac.

What is wrong with the people at Apple?!?

• Reply 25 of 27
    9secondkox29secondkox2 Posts: 2,749member
    Madbum said:
    The most accurate Apple Supply Chain analyst Ming Chi Kuo just tweeted the monitor is coming 2024 Q4

https://twitter.com/mingchikuo/status/1645657044886904834?s=46&t=pZQ45DkMFleG-wYTxddopg
    Just saw that. 2024 fits with an M3/Pro/Max/Ultra timeline and the mini LED sounds like a nice differentiator from Studio Display. 

Unless this is a Studio DisplY replacement, sounds like it fits with iMac requirements. Only problem is the iMac has been 27” for a long time. In 2024, it will seem sort of Everyman/blue collar. 32” would go a long way to making it feel high end again. 
    danox
  • Reply 26 of 27
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,920member
    michelb76 said:
    danox said:
    If you don’t build it, you can’t sell it, a new 27 inch or a 32 inch iMac will sell even in these so-called perilous times, the same goes for a new Mac pro using Apple Silicon chips. Sitting on a 27” 2011 iMac….. with a hole in the pocket, waiting for Apple to produce.
    Apple is not looking to sell 5 of these. If there's no scale or upward trend, and there isn't right now, it's downright stupid and irresponsible to release such a product.
    ?????? Pretty simple. If you don’t make it, you can’t sell it.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,425member
    hledgard said:
    I have an old 30" Apple Cinema Display.  Matte finish.  Love it.

So many of the new displays are hard on one's eyes.  Bright, colorful -- Yes.  Good for one's eyes -- NO.
    The nano texture on the Studio Display is great. I'm still on 30" ACDs and have been seriously tempted to get the Studio, but holding out to see if there's an update to the XDR or something else when the Mac Pro is released first.