Apple rolls out tvOS 16.4.1 and HomePod software version 16.4.1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
On Wednesday, Apple released HomePod version 16.4.1 and tvOS 16.4.1, geared toward improving user experience and device performance.

The HomePod second-generation
The new HomePod second-generation

In early April, Apple released iOS 16.4.1, an update that primarily contains bug fixes and security patches. Notably, it fixed an issue with emoji, as well as a bug that hindered Siri responsiveness.

Likewise, this batch of updates for the HomePod, HomePod mini, and Apple TV is focused on stability improvements and performance.

The tvOS update will generally be installed automatically, but it can also be manually installed onto an Apple TV via the Settings app. HomePod software can be managed from the Home app on an iOS or iPadOS device.

Updates to tvOS are typically incremental maintenance releases, adding support for products and services while also improving user experience in small ways.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    Smoothest HomePod update yet. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Does Siri feel snappier?
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,960member
    Wish they’d address the problem of dueling Siris. If you have more than one device in earshot your commands become a party! Most obvious annoying example is our Ecobee on the wall. 
    williamlondonAlex1Nmobird
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,126member
    Wish they’d address the problem of dueling Siris. If you have more than one device in earshot your commands become a party! Most obvious annoying example is our Ecobee on the wall. 
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I raise my wrist to use watch Siri to set a timer, Homepod sets the timer. Walking downstairs with my wrist down, phone at my side, call out to get the Homepod to turn on a light - 50/50 it'll be the watch or the phone.

Last week my phone and Homepod both tried to turn on a light - Homepod - "the Lamp is taking a while to respond". Uh, the phone already turned it on.  :|
    Alex1Nmobird
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Holding a side button (or digital crown) on an Apple device will give it the priority. Don't know how that works with 3rd party devices though...

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/06/15/how-to-make-the-right-device-hear-hey-siri

"To make certain that it's the device you want that listens to your Siri command, press and hold the side button for a moment. As soon as you see "What can I help you with?" appear on the screen, you can let go of the button and start speaking."
    watto_cobra