New Beats Studio Buds+ release may be imminent

Posted:
in General Discussion
Evidence for the rumored Beats Studio Buds+ is growing, as a Federal Communications Commission filing reveals the new model with audio sharing and other features is coming soon.

Beats Studio Buds
Beats Studio Buds

In the release candidate version of iOS 16.4, developer Aaron found references to new AirPods models. They mentioned possible new versions of AirPods and Beats headphones.

Aaron took to Twitter on Tuesday, saying that references to the Beats Studio Buds+ found in iOS 16.4 RC are live on the FCC website. They refer to models A2871 and A2872.

The Beats Studio Buds+ found in iOS 16.4 RC have now been made live on the FCC's website. https://t.co/sOcIiht3gzhttps://t.co/kkd3zpe4ZL

-- Aaron (@aaronp613)

The updated Beats Studio Buds+ may be arriving soon because Apple frequently files new gadgets for FCC approval under secrecy. That veil isn't lifted until days or hours prior to product release.

According to reports, the updated Beats Studio Buds would primarily use an Apple-developed chip rather than one produced by Beats and will contain numerous features in the AirPods series. For example, this would include features like "Hey Siri" compatibility, automatic device switching, and audio sharing that aren't present in the initial version.

Meanwhile, the new case for the AirPods Pro may feature a USB-C port instead of a Lightning port per EU regulations.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Nuts.  I bought Buds soon after they were released, and the pair are now not working great anymore (shorter battery life, one bud's driver isn't working right so it's much quieter than the other), and then on the weekend I misplaced the charging case, so I went out a bought a new set.  Naturally, soon after buying and using them (so, non returnable), I found the case, and now this, a new version coming soon that are better...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Honestly, the only additional feature that I'd be looking for in any Apple produced ear buds is the "stay in my ears while eating or walking" feature.  In the case of the AirProds Pro, just sitting on the couch watching a movie for 15 minutes will see them work themselves out of my ears.  Truly disappointing, as I absolutely love the sound.

The Beats Fit Pro are a little better, but still work themselves loose after 30-40 minutes.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Honestly, the only additional feature that I'd be looking for in any Apple produced ear buds is the "stay in my ears while eating or walking" feature.  In the case of the AirProds Pro, just sitting on the couch watching a movie for 15 minutes will see them work themselves out of my ears.  Truly disappointing, as I absolutely love the sound.

The Beats Fit Pro are a little better, but still work themselves loose after 30-40 minutes.
    I think the only option is to get the 3rd party hooks like these:

These are annoying to remove each time for charging though. Maybe a different kind of tip would work, some reviews on the following memory foam tips said it stopped them falling out:

https://www.amazon.com/Foam-AirPods-Pro-Replacement-Masters/dp/B083SHJZWT/?th=1

Maybe there could be a headband design that only has pads on each side to hold the buds in place. The pressure from a headband would help the noise cancelling.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member

This might sound like a weird question, but do you twist your Beats forwards or backwards in your ear?  Because every video or photo I ever saw showed them twisted to the front of the ear of the user.  But that didn’t work at all for me, so I tried rotating them backwards and it worked like a charm. They seriously do not budge now. Anyway, a few others I know hadn’t thought to try it that way either, so I thought I would ask. You probably already thought of this…but I figured I’d share just in case. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Marvin said:

I think the only option is to get the 3rd party hooks like these:

These are annoying to remove each time for charging though. Maybe a different kind of tip would work, some reviews on the following memory foam tips said it stopped them falling out:

https://www.amazon.com/Foam-AirPods-Pro-Replacement-Masters/dp/B083SHJZWT/?th=1

Maybe there could be a headband design that only has pads on each side to hold the buds in place. The pressure from a headband would help the noise cancelling.

While hooks like these prevent them from falling out, they do not prevent them from loosening to the point that the ANC is significantly degraded.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Japhey said:

This might sound like a weird question, but do you twist your Beats forwards or backwards in your ear?  Because every video or photo I ever saw showed them twisted to the front of the ear of the user.  But that didn’t work at all for me, so I tried rotating them backwards and it worked like a charm. They seriously do not budge now. Anyway, a few others I know hadn’t thought to try it that way either, so I thought I would ask. You probably already thought of this…but I figured I’d share just in case. 

I have tried several different positions.  Some are slightly better than others, but all are loose.

I guess I should consider returning my defective ears. 🤣
    Japhey