Reliable leaker claims Apple VR tester was 'blown away' by headset trial

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    leighr said:
    Imagine if Apple’s AR device was more than just a gaming accessory. What if it was a health device too. Glasses that could aid eyesight by automatically adjusting focal length and clarity for the wearer. Able to adjust for colour blindness, recognise potential hazards and provide alerts and directional information, provide UV protection and better eyesight in low-light conditions, and even provide assistive hearing through bone conduction. Sounds like an awful lot to ask, I know, but I believe that this would the the type of device that people would buy, and use. AR/VR Gaming has its place, but not for the masses. We buy devices that do stuff for us, and make our lives easier. 
    That will be awesome. I wonder if it can check eyesight level without visiting optometrist and use the test result to get contact lens online or glasses from Warby Parker? That would be a game changer. Something useful instead of just the uselessness of the Meta VR thingie.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    rickwil61 said:
    Perhaps Apple's next project can be R.I. (real intelligence) products.  Lord knows we can use them.
    Reminds me of a joke the CEO of my last company used to tell...

"this new product will revolutionize the way we interact with the world.  It goes beyond virtual reality.  I call it, Real Reality; you actually walk through a room..."
    Must be a $1.25 Dollar Tree sunglasses. Real world interaction. Can't beat that.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    I’m struggling to get excited but I’m willing to just wait and see. I’ve always been puzzled why my cats have found grocery bags utterly fascinating. They love dive bombing into the bags when the bags are laying on the floor. Maybe the cats know something we don’t know? Maybe Apple has figured out what that something is. Hey, at least if Apple modeled their XR headsets after brown paper bags they’d be multifunctional. 
  • Reply 24 of 24
    It's always about the software, which is where Apple shines. Anyone can make a smartphone, but only Apple could make the iPhone the global success it is. The same will (hopefully) be true with this VR/AR headset.
    ravnorodom