Collection of *confirmed* Panther info.

167891012»

Comments

• Reply 221 of 227
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Most of Apple's apps including the metal-themed ones use a standard toolbar. Only the non-toolbar apps (iPhoto, iTunes, iMovie) and notably Safari -- which uses a custom toolbar so you can resize the address and Google search bar -- don't use it. There's no reason why metal apps couldn't, shouldn't or wouldn't in Panther. I'd bet that Safari's custom toolbar behavior in Jaguar gets added to NSToolbar in Panther. I'd assume the Finder will finally get a real toolbar in Panther too, but I thought that was coming in Jaguar.
  • Reply 222 of 227
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    RadioLover (crappy name, great stream-ripper) has the option of changing back and forth between Aqua and Brushed Metal in the prefs.

(Goes to see what it looks like in aqua - it defaults into metal and I've never changed it)

Eh, it looks pretty much the same - same icons, etc. I like brushed metal better, tho.
  • Reply 223 of 227
    snowstersnowster Posts: 68member
    Here we go again. WWDC is almost here, and we still know nothing about Panther. It is really strange, I mean remember Jaguar? We actually knew pretty much about it and had seen some real screenshots etc well before it was announced.

Now apple seems to be (according to rumors) streaming the keynote from wwdc. The unveiling of PPC970 seems to be very controversial. What if there is no new powermac and the keynote will only showcase Panther? In that case the streaming of the keynote would indicate that Panther will really be BIG.

Basically as I see it, there are only two possibilities: We have no information about Panther because it is so big that it is the biggest and best kept secret at Apple, or Panther is going to be (compared to Jaguar) like 10.1 was to 10.0 - a faster and more refined version of Jaguar without any significant changes in its featureset.

-Snowster
  • Reply 224 of 227
    The Countdown Begins!

7 days, 5 hours, 6 minutes, 34 seconds remaining.

EST, so in San Francisco?

7 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes, 34 seconds.
  • Reply 225 of 227
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Er, except that you're three hours ahead, so it evens out. Same amount of time until keynote.
  • Reply 226 of 227
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Another thing that should be standard in all apps, or at least Apple apps with a tool bar, is a) being able to command-drag toolbar widgets to where you want them, and b) to be able to use a 'customize toolbar' option, a la Finder. For example, I would absolutely LOVE Safari if i was able to put the textbigger/textsmaller buttons on the left, and have the back button where i actually want it to be. The finder lets you do that, Safari, etc doesn't

Here here!
  • Reply 227 of 227
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Here here!

You mean, hear hear!