New watchOS 9.5.1 update includes bug fixes & improvements

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple has made a watchOS 9.5.1 update available to users nearly two weeks after the release of watchOS 9.5, containing unknown bug fixes.

watchOS gets a new update
watchOS gets a new update

Following the May 18 launch of watchOS 9.5, Apple has released the watchOS 9.5.1 update. However, this recent update's enhancements, modifications, or bug fixes are still uncertain.

The latest update of watchOS 9.5.1 has a build number of 20T570, up from the previous release at 20T562.

How to Update

To download watchOS 9.5.1, users can access the Apple Watch app on their iPhone and navigate to General > Software Update. To install the updated software, the Apple Watch must meet certain conditions.

• It should have a minimum battery level of 50%

• Be connected to a charger

• Remain within range of the iPhone

Devices also update automatically within a few days, depending on the user's settings.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,540member
    Battery life has been abysmal on my Series 6. Here's hoping.
    Anilu_777gregoriusmwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    diz_geekdiz_geek Posts: 56member
    spheric said:
    Yeah, the battery on my Ultra has gone a little wonky the last few weeks since 9.5. Hoping this fixes whatever caused that. A reboot helped a bit, but definitely seeing more drain than I had been seeing during the day. 
    edited May 2023 felix01sphericwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    diz_geek said:
    spheric said:
    Yeah, the battery on my Ultra has gone a little wonky the last few weeks since 9.5. Hoping this fixes whatever caused that. A reboot helped a bit, but definitely seeing more drain than I had been seeing during the day. 
    Yep, my Ultra will no longer run for two full days. When I first got it, it would run for three days (72 hours) before needing to be charged. 
    diz_geekwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Anilu_777Anilu_777 Posts: 520member
    I checked the battery health on my S6 since it used to be around 40% at 10 pm and now it’s usually below 20%. The health is 98% so it must be the update.  Fingers crossed 
    sphericwilliamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 8
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,540member
    Anilu_777 said:
    I checked the battery health on my S6 since it used to be around 40% at 10 pm and now it’s usually below 20%. The health is 98% so it must be the update.  Fingers crossed 
    Oof. Mine is at 83% maximum capacity. Okay… Hmm.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 931member
    The re indexing and basic housekeeping that takes place in the background after most OS upgrades understandably temporarily  increases power needs. 

As a traveler that uses my watch and phone heavily I find it easy to just cover low power needs by carrying an Anker 5k stick for my watch (a week plus) and an Anker oh 10k pack I can charge my phone off either a cable for efficiency or MagSafe for convenience my walk around backup is an Apple MagSafe pack that just lives in a pants pocket. An instant extra 40% for my 14 pro max plus I can charge it from any usb outlet without a thought about possible datajacking however rare that might be. Batteries can’t be compromised by intrusion. 

And battery packs mean no extra device weight when it’s not needed. 
    edited May 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I hope this update fixes the annoying bug that when you are working out, it thinks you are done and ask if you want to end workout every couple of minutes.
    watto_cobra