Apple Vision Pro will launch with over 100 Apple Arcade games

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited June 2023
Apple has revealed that its new Apple Vision Pro headset will launch with game controller support, and also an existing library of 100 Apple Arcade games on day one.

Apple Arcade games on Apple Vision Pro
Apple Arcade games on Apple Vision Pro

When Apple Vision Pro comes out, Apple says that it will feature immersive games and "this is just the start of how gaming will evolve on Vision Pro."

"In addition to watching movies, you can play your favourite Apple Arcade games like NBA 2k 23 on a screen as large as you want," said En Kelly, Senior Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group at Apple. "With incredible audio and game controller support, there will be over 100 arcade titles available for you to play on day one."

Apple showed multiple games including sports, but it is expected to also include games from Disney. Bob Iger, Disney CEO, said that his company's Disney+ will be available "on day one."

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    For $3500 Apple Arcade should be free. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,571member
    When the M1 Mac arrived, Blizzard had WoW working on it in native mode on the exact same day the M1 reached customers. I know because I had it on day one. I wonder if Blizzard will have WoW working for the Vision Pro (in a 3D mode) on its first day of release.

Of course, Microsoft takes over Blizzard in a few weeks, and I'm not sure if Microsoft wants Blizzard to provide any software for Apple devices or not. Microsoft will have its hands on Blizzard's helm soon. Microsoft favours the Xbox, for sure, but I just don't know which way Microsoft is going to turn Blizzard's rudder.

Change isn't always bad. It's usually good. I'm optimistic.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pairof9pairof9 Posts: 74member
    Of course, Microsoft takes over Blizzard in a few weeks, and I'm not sure if Microsoft wants Blizzard to provide any software for Apple devices or not. Microsoft will have its hands on Blizzard's helm soon. Microsoft favours the Xbox, for sure, but I just don't know which way Microsoft is going to turn Blizzard's rudder.

Change isn't always bad. It's usually good. I'm optimistic.
    Well as very recent history shows us, optimism may be misplaced. Bungie is releasing a significant update of the once exclusive Mac game Marathon on all platforms...except Mac. 
    watto_cobraentropys
  • Reply 4 of 5
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    Japhey said:
    For $35,000, my car should come with free gas.
    beowulfschmidtbyronl
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    Appleish said:
    Japhey said:
    For $35,000, my car should come with free gas.
    Hilarious
    muthuk_vanalingam