Apple Vision Pro still has a way to go

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    thttht Posts: 5,616member
    tht said:
    That head strap better be included for $3500. Don’t nickle and dime me if you want me to use this heavy ass visor. 
    If there are significant sales of the Vision Pro, there's going to be a large amount of 3rd party light seals and straps. The ear-to-ear strap looks like it only marginally reduces the feeling of weight on your check bones imo. Maybe it helps with side-to-side head movements?

You really need a light seal that goes over your forehead, so that the weight can be carried there instead of the cheek bones or cheek muscles, and a longitudinal strap from the forehead to the back strap.

I kind of thought Apple would have a fan in the device to drive air in and out of the light seal, or through the device, so that it keep the volume under the light seal cool and fresh too.
    When Apple came out with the 12” fanless MacBook a number of years back I speculated at that time they might incorporate a piezoelectric oscillator to move air through it.  Silent, lightweight and compact, such a component might be just the ticket for Vision Pro, if shedding heat becomes a problem.    
    The Vision Pro has a fan in it. Or whatever mechanism to drive air through it to keep the chips and displays cool. 

Maybe it has 2? One blower each for the M2 and the R1.
    byronl
  • Reply 22 of 23
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,453member
    tht said:
    That head strap better be included for $3500. Don’t nickle and dime me if you want me to use this heavy ass visor. 
    If there are significant sales of the Vision Pro, there's going to be a large amount of 3rd party light seals and straps. The ear-to-ear strap looks like it only marginally reduces the feeling of weight on your check bones imo. Maybe it helps with side-to-side head movements?

You really need a light seal that goes over your forehead, so that the weight can be carried there instead of the cheek bones or cheek muscles, and a longitudinal strap from the forehead to the back strap.

I kind of thought Apple would have a fan in the device to drive air in and out of the light seal, or through the device, so that it keep the volume under the light seal cool and fresh too.
    When Apple came out with the 12” fanless MacBook a number of years back I speculated at that time they might incorporate a piezoelectric oscillator to move air through it.  Silent, lightweight and compact, such a component might be just the ticket for Vision Pro, if shedding heat becomes a problem.    
    Like these guys?

https://www.froresystems.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGxTnGEAx3E
    byronl