Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Honda

They defy gravity pretty nicely there with the tires...
  • Reply 2 of 25
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    yeah that part bothered me...the rest seemed doable though

i wish they would've skipped that part cuz then it would be believable
  • Reply 3 of 25
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    is this a regular accord, or a hybrid?

oh, the tires are on magnets, duh.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    "At one point, three tyres roll uphill because inside they have been weighted with bolts and screws"

- link
  • Reply 5 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

"At one point, three tyres roll uphill because inside they have been weighted with bolts and screws"

- link

Now explain how they got the tires to balance on an incline with those nuts and bolts.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

- link

Total crap.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    well they did spend £750,000 on the ad, money can do amazing things sometimes
  • Reply 8 of 25
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    more details behind the production from the Daily Telegraph

definitely an award winning ad if not a museum installation
  • Reply 9 of 25
    I like this ad more...
  • Reply 10 of 25
    haha i like that too
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I like this ad more...

Nice. Never seen dogs do it that way
  • Reply 12 of 25
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Anyone else having problems getting the flash to run? I've tried it in Safari, Chi-er I mean Camino, and IE. none work, but Camino started playing it for like two seconds. I imagine it's a bandwidth problem, but I don't know. \

[Edit: Aha! I found it in Quicktime format here: http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/581/ ]
  • Reply 13 of 25
    I thought a reel of 35MM film lasted 14 minutes at most.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders the White

Nice. Never seen dogs do it that way

We studded out our Pit Bull a few times, and they ended up in that position once... pretty funny.

Once they lock, that's it baby.

Nice find BTW Eugene, that's hilarious!!
  • Reply 15 of 25
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    wish they hadn't canceled the Accord wagon in America...but nice sequence! CG is a great thing ---- the surreality of our perceived reality is becoming quite noticeable now (study Hume for a while; go crazy).
  • Reply 16 of 25
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

wish they hadn't canceled the Accord wagon in America...but nice sequence! CG is a great thing ---- the surreality of our perceived reality is becoming quite noticeable now (study Hume for a while; go crazy).

Its not CG

only in one spot where they had to transition between a take. other than that it is all real. even the tires. if you watch close you can see how the tops of the tires are weighted. the weights are rolling downhill even though the tire is going up.

"ust one second of computer generation is used to link the two halves - when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor."

check this link

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/pa...ine=TAKE%20606
  • Reply 17 of 25
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

Total crap.

i see no reason why its total crap... any object can be suspended on anything if the local potential is low enough...

i once saw a picture of a stack of three oddly shaped stones (jagged edges, triangular sitting on the tip) standing on eachother... no epoxy, no glue, just gravity...

(there was no wind, mind you... but it was set up by a person)

the wonders a little potential depression can due...
  • Reply 18 of 25
    cool, yeah i was thinking about how they could do those tires and it is possible but wow the amount of time needed to think of all that and put it together

haha from that article they said everyone had to tiptoe around or else hours of work would be undone...wonder how they found that out?
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by JC

Its not CG

only in one spot where they had to transition between a take. other than that it is all real. even the tires. if you watch close you can see how the tops of the tires are weighted. the weights are rolling downhill even though the tire is going up.

"ust one second of computer generation is used to link the two halves - when an exhaust pipe rolls across the floor."

As you said, the weights want to roll down. So why aren't they rolling down to begin with?

It's still highly unlikely those tires can be placed on an incline without having them roll down from the very beginning unless somebody's got a super-human feather's touch and offset the weights just perfectly.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Actually I don't doubt it to be possible, although it would be a lot easier to fake it.