Windows won't dominate enterprise in a decade, says outgoing Jamf CEO

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    looplessloopless Posts: 338member
    Maybe the next generation of IT people will get their heads out of their backsides. Our company is 100% windows on the desktop purely because of the irrational hatred of Macs by the IT dept. The only person with a Mac laptop is the CEO. And our Dell desktops and laptops are a continual massive PITA. Always causing problems. I use Remote Desktop over vpn from my Mac laptop to bypass those morons.
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 22
    danvmdanvm Posts: 1,449member
    loopless said:
    Maybe the next generation of IT people will get their heads out of their backsides. Our company is 100% windows on the desktop purely because of the irrational hatred of Macs by the IT dept. The only person with a Mac laptop is the CEO. And our Dell desktops and laptops are a continual massive PITA. Always causing problems. I use Remote Desktop over vpn from my Mac laptop to bypass those morons.
    Maybe the company should replace the company with a competent group. There is a big possibility that if they have issues managing a Windows environment, they will have the issues with macOS.  In my experience, a good IT department will have no issues managing a Windows or macOS environment, considering both are very reliable.  In business, I give the advantage to Windows because the management tools and their ecosystem.  But there are very good tools for macOS too, like Jamf.