Apple paying out $0.24 per-share dividend on August 17

Posted:
in AAPL Investors

Following Apple's latest earnings report edging out Wall Street predictions, the company's board of directors has authorized a new cash dividend for shareholders, payable in mid-August.

Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park
Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park

Apple on Thursday announced its latest quarterly earnings, raking in $81.8 billion over the fiscal stretch ending July 1. Now, the board of directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.24 per share for the company's common stock.

The company confirmed that the cash dividend is payable on August 17, 2023, to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on August 14.

Apple's fiscal third quarter is typically relatively quiet, even when the company does rake in $81.80 billion. That's a one percent drop year-over-year, down from the $82.9 billion the company reported in 2022. All told, the company confirmed it's an earnings per share of $1.26.

The iPhone had a weak stretch, seeing a 2% decline from last year with its $39.67 billion. However, Apple saw yet another surge from Services, which includes Apple Music, Apple Fitness+, iCloud, and more. According to the company, Services raked in $21.21 billion in revenue, jumping up 8 percent from last year.

Following Apple's official quarterly earnings report, the company will follow up with a conference call to offer more details.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    24 cents dividend is laughable. Before the pandemic it was like 88 cents or something.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I promise not to laugh, but Apple's dividend payable on August 13, 2020 was $.82 cents, however, on August 31, 2020 Apple delivered a split of 4 to every 1 share, meaning the current equivalent dividend is now  4X$.24=$.96 meaning each current shares has had a rise in dividend of 3.5 cents, not a loss of $.58 cents (based upon $.82) as you imply.

Considering that while under Jobs, there were no dividends, and while it isn't a huge dividend by percentage value of the shares, relative to other established high tech companies, I'll take it ;-)

Appleslice
    muthuk_vanalingamjony0
  • Reply 3 of 3
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    I am sure I am not alone in wanting to acquire a lot more Apple shares with this idiotic drop. I know no one has a crystal ball but I honestly thought the slide would slow down a bit today but it is still dropping. Any predictions on when we will hit bottom? It can't be much longer since the fundamentals are really good.I am watching every day but you never want to buy and then see it keep sliding another week or two
    edited August 2023