Apple's earnings, an AirTag 2, and what's happening with Apple AI on the AppleInsider podc...
Apple has beaten expectations with its latest earnings -- although only just -- while looking to the future there are predictions of AirTags 2 and disputes over an AppleGPT app.
AirTags: the Next Generation could be coming
With its latest earnings report, Apple has shown again how smart it was to launch Services all those years ago. And it does seem that even when we are always waiting for new Macs, iPads and iPhones, there is a ceaseless number of high-profile Apple TV+ launches.
What there isn't, allegedly, is an Apple version of ChatGPT. Tim Cook said in the earnings call that Apple has been researching AI for years and guest Wes Hilliard narrows that down to specifics. Plus he and host William Gallagher discuss how savvy Apple is with how it chooses to use, or not to use, marketing terms like "artificial intelligence."
Given that analysts were again off in their predictions about Apple's earnings, and given that two of them are vehemently disagreeing about their inside knowledge of Apple's AI plans, we also discuss just what analysts are good for.
Plus how and why to connect your Nintendo Switch to an iPad, just what in the world an AirTags 2 device could possibly bring, and how South Koreans overwhelmingly buy Android phones -- until they grow up.
Contact your hosts
- @stephenrobles on Threads
- @stephenrobles on Twitter
- Stephen on Mastodon
- @williamgallagher_ on Threads
- @WGallagher on Twitter
- William on Mastodon
- @hillithreads on Threads
- @Hillitech on Twitter
- Wes on Mastodon
- Babbel: Get 55% off your subscription and start learning a new language with Babbel when you visit: babbel.com/appleinsider
- Fast Growing Trees: Get trees and other plant varieties that thrive where YOU live! Visit FastGrowingTrees.com/appleinsider and get 15% OFF your entire order!
Support the show
Support the show on Patreon or Apple Podcasts to get ad-free episodes every week, access to our private Discord channel, and early release of the show! We would also appreciate a 5-star rating and review in Apple Podcasts.
Links from the show
- Apple's Q3 2023 beats Wall Street forecasts with weak iPhone supported by strong Services
- iPhone 15 demand will be lower than iPhone 14, says Kuo
- Original unopened iPod to sell for record-breaking $29,000
- South Korean under-30s tend to buy Android first, then switch to iPhone
- Kuo says Apple is behind, and won't release generative AI in 2024
- Apple is teaching Siri how to read lips
- How to use FaceTime on Apple TV with Continuity Camera on iPhone
- iPhone is never going to get an easy battery replacement door
- Russian kangaroo court fines Apple two seconds of profit over News row
- Get the AppleInsider wallpapers for your iPhone
- How to use iPad as a portable screen for your Nintendo Switch
More AppleInsider podcasts
Tune in to our HomeKit Insider podcast covering the latest news, products, apps and everything HomeKit related. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or just search for HomeKit Insider wherever you get your podcasts.
Subscribe and listen to our AppleInsider Daily podcast for the latest Apple news Monday through Friday. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Podcast artwork from Basic Apple Guy. Download the free wallpaper pack here.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected].
Subscribe to AppleInsider on:through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.
Read on AppleInsider