Some Apple Card users will get 5% Daily Cash back on dining and travel

Posted:
in General Discussion

Through September 20, eligible cardholders who use their Apple Card for dining and travel purposes will get 5% Daily Cash back.

On Wednesday, Apple announced it is rolling out a new limited-time deal for eligible Apple Card cardholders. Cardholders will get 5% Daily Cash back on up to $20,000 on travel spending and up to $6,000 on dining.

Additionally, the offer isn't exclusive to Apple Pay, either. Cardholders can still utilize it when they use their virtual card number online or the titanium card in person.

There is no need to enroll in the offer -- eligible cardholders will automatically receive the offer between August 21 and September 20. Apple is sending emails to alert eligible cardholders of the offer. Users can check to see if they are eligible for the offer by heading to the Wallet app.

Cardholders will receive the money as Apple Cash or Apple Savings, a high-yield savings account feature that Apple and Goldman Sachs launched in April 2023.

Apple recently earned J.D. Power's number one spot for the "best co-branded credit card for customer satisfaction with no annual fee," as part of the annual U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study. This is the third time Apple has earned this ranking.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    Fingers crossed. The Costco branded Citi card is 3% on travel, so this is a good bonus rate. And Discover is 5% on ApplePay transactions only for Q3 and $75 max.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 692member
    Traveling to a conference during that time. First time since before the zombie apocalypse. Good timing for me.

Of course, now they are saying that N95 masks are recommended for travel again due to a growing variant. 

You get the good, with the bad.
    edited August 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Any word on what constitutes "eligible" for this bonus? I went to the Wallet app on my iPhone and clicked on the Apple Card.  Where would the notification be?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    I got zilch. Who determines who is "eligible" and what is the metric for it? Is there a way to contact anyone about it?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    "best co-branded credit card for customer satisfaction with no annual fee,"

^ A highly coveted award to show your grandchildren with pride when you're lying in your death bed.

On another note, I got that email, but it doesn't say where it applies. That would be good to know.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,308member
    joekewe said:
    Any word on what constitutes "eligible" for this bonus? I went to the Wallet app on my iPhone and clicked on the Apple Card.  Where would the notification be?
    mayfly said:
    I got zilch. Who determines who is "eligible" and what is the metric for it? Is there a way to contact anyone about it?

FTA: “There is no need to enroll in the offer — eligible cardholders will automatically receive the offer between August 21 and September 20. Apple is sending emails to alert eligible cardholders of the offer.”

Try reading ALL the paragraphs. HTH.
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    chasm said:
    joekewe said:
    mayfly said:

FTA: “There is no need to enroll in the offer — eligible cardholders will automatically receive the offer between August 21 and September 20. Apple is sending emails to alert eligible cardholders of the offer.”

Try reading ALL the paragraphs. HTH.
    I did read them. But the metrics Apple is using to determine "eligibility" are still totally opaque. Why don't you "read all the sentences" I wrote before spewing?
    bageljoey