New 'Ted Lasso' shortbread cookies let fans experience biscuits with the boss

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV

Gourmet food company Mackenzie Limited has created limited-time shortbread cookies for fans of the iconic Apple TV+ comedy "Ted Lasso."

Image Credit: Mackenzie Limited and WBEI & UT
Image Credit: Mackenzie Limited and WBEI & UT

Mackenzie Limited describes the cookies as "a touch salty, a touch sweet, and always buttery and rich."

The shortbreads come packaged in a pink paper box, just like Ted brought to AFC Richmond team owner Rebecca Welton every morning. The cookies are an officially licensed treat, available exclusively through Mackenzie Limited.

The Ted Lasso biscuit box is available to preorder now and will begin shipping in early September. A box of 10 shortbread cookies costs $29.95.

This isn't the first time Ted's iconic cookies have appeared in the real world, either. In March, ice cream purveyor Jeni's released a limited edition, officially-licensed collaboration flavor, also called Biscuits with the Boss.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    maltzmaltz Posts: 454member
    You had me at 'Ted Lasso' shortbread cookies...

Then lost me at $30+shipping (and taxes?) for a box of 10!  Holy crap.

(But looking over the rest of the site, it does seem to be about par for the course - if not on the cheaper side.)
    appleinsideruserOferdavwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    maltz said:
    You had me at 'Ted Lasso' shortbread cookies...

Then lost me at $30+shipping (and taxes?) for a box of 10!  Holy crap.

(But looking over the rest of the site, it does seem to be about par for the course - if not on the cheaper side.)
    Same.

I was seriously prepared to immediately order some to put out at in my work break room...where let's say everyone has a bit of a vested interest in Ted Lasso.... but not at that price. 
    edited August 2023 Oferwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Searching for "shortbread biscuit recipes" brings up a lot of hits... probably worth trying to bake my own. :D
    davwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    Hanna Waddingham has said more than once the biscuits are crap. She hates eating them but you'd never know it.

The second I saw "limited-time" I figured this can't be good. I love the show but refused to get sucked into pricy merchandizing. I confess to buying the odd t-shirt that promotes a favorite show if the shirt is of decent quality. If it's of sectioned manufacture it'll be pricey but that's ok. Most unsanctioned products are almost always cheap crap.

If the biscuits were actually really good I might look for a recipe to imitate them. But $30 a box is a hard pass.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,348member
    Searching for "shortbread biscuit recipes" brings up a lot of hits... probably worth trying to bake my own. :D
    Pretty basic ingredients; Butter, Sugar, Flour, maybe some vanilla extract. YMMV

Good energy dense snack for cold weather, or an arduous hike, not so much for sitting on the couch watching "Ted Lasso". I was a big fan of Nabisco Lorna Doones when I was a kid, and those are a far cry from the shortbread recipe's that I have tried.

Pound cake is a similarly simple recipe.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I'm guessing the majority of the $30 goes to whoever owns the Ted Lasso franchise.  Is that Apple?
    edited August 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Bit late after the final crappy season?