New '8-hour Long Work Day innie Mix' of 'Severence' is perfect for your office playlist

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV

Apple has released a new eight-hour mix of the "Severance" theme song, perfect for the Innie who wants something to study, work, or relax to.

Severance --  Theme Song: 8 Hour Work Day Innie Mix
Severance -- Theme Song: 8 Hour Work Day Innie Mix
Apple TV+

psychological thriller "Severance" is a hit -- that much is clear. The series has won several awards and numerous nominations for its first season.

However, even the series' music is much beloved by fans and critics alike. In fact, the main theme was nominated for "Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music," and the series won an Emmy for "Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)" in 2022.

Now, Apple has released an eight-hour-long YouTube video dubbed the "8 Hour Work Day Innie Mix," -- perfect for the office.

The video is a clear homage to the YouTube trend of looping a short song to be several hours long, as well as popular Lo-fi Hip Hop Study Mix-style playlists.

The theme song is composed by Theodore Shapiro, who, according to Slash Film, wanted the theme to convey the idea that "somebody's self fraying."

For those interested, Apple Music has the "Severance" season one soundtrack available, too.

"Severance" is a psychological thriller that plays on the idea of keeping work separate from the rest of an employee's life by separating the memories of the two.

Production on the second season of "Severance" has been placed on hold due to the ongoing Writers Guild of America Strike.

Production of the second season was also plagued with on-set problems. Allegedly, showrunners Dan Erickson and Mark Friedman hated each other by the end of the first season.Apple TV+ psychological thriller "Severance" is a hit -- that much is clear. The series has won several awards and numerous nominations for its first season.

However, even the series' music is much beloved by fans and critics alike. In fact, the main theme was nominated for "Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music," and the series won an Emmy for "Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)" in 2022.

Now, Apple has released an eight-hour-long YouTube video dubbed the "8 Hour Work Day Innie Mix," -- perfect for the office.

The video is a clear homage to the YouTube trend of looping a short song to be several hours long, as well as popular Lo-fi Hip Hop Study Mix-style playlists.

The theme song is composed by Theodore Shapiro, who, according to Slash Film, wanted the theme to convey the idea that "somebody's self fraying."

For those interested, Apple Music has the "Severance" season one soundtrack available, too.

"Severance" is a psychological thriller that plays on the idea of keeping work separate from the rest of an employee's life by separating the memories of the two.

Production on the second season of "Severance" has been placed on hold due to the ongoing Writers Guild of America Strike.

Production of the second season was also plagued with on-set problems. Allegedly, showrunners Dan Erickson and Mark Friedman hated each other by the end of the first season.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    The second half of the article is a reprint of the first half. Edit please?
    edited September 2023 gregoriusmwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 8
    This show was so freaking good! It was better the second time around than the first. Watching the nuance of Adam Scott as he switched between innie and outie during some pivotal scenes was amazing. The whole freaking cast was good...Turturro, Walken, Arquette, on and on. I downloaded the whole soundtrack earlier. I highly recommend.
    FileMakerFellerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 8
    When it's my day to program the music for our workgroup they gonna be sorry for all that Barry Manilow.
    FileMakerFellerjeffharriswatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 8
    "...perfect for the Innie who wants something to study, work, or relax to."
    I'm not sure how you make a playlist specifically tailored only to people with a particular type of bellybutton, but OK.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mike383 said:
    The second half of the article is a reprint of the first half. 
    Kinda like eight hours of a theme song looping…
    appleinsideruserFileMakerFellerjeffharrissmack416watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 8
    mike383 said:
    The second half of the article is a reprint of the first half. Edit please?
    One version for your innie, and one for your outie
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Every time I hear the theme music I'm reminded of the Mission: Impossible theme. There's some tempo variation but a lot of the phrasing is very similar.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 8
    If I want all-day music there’s always Wagner. Or Les Troyens. 
    Rameau operas are great, too. Or Bruckner Symphonies… 
    Set Apple Music by Genre and it’ll plow through the whole list.
    watto_cobra