Apple fixes exploited security flaws with iPadOS & iOS 16.6.1, watchOS 9.6.2, macOS Ventur...

Posted:
in iOS edited September 2023

Less than a week until Apple's iPhone 15 event, Apple has released what is likely close to its last updates to iOS 16.6, macOS Ventura 13.5, and watchOS 9.6 to patch some actively exploited security problems.

iOS 16.6.1 is now available
iOS 16.6.1 is now available

The updates patch two major vectors of attack that were under active use by assailants. CVE-2023-41064 involved a flaw in ImageIO in macOS and iOS. CVE-2023-41061 is a flaw in Wallet in iOS and watchOS.

The iOS 16.6.1 and iPadOS updates sport build number 20G81. The previous build of Apple's mobile operating systems were build 20G75. MacOS Ventura has build number 22G91, and watchOS 9.6.3 has build number 20U90.

Devices update automatically within a day or two, depending on the user's settings. Those who want to install the update sooner can do so manually, as the update is made available and propagates across Apple's content delivery network.

It is, of course, simultaneously beta-testing its milestone releases, iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. Both should ship alongside the iPhone 15 in just weeks.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 2 of 3
    mobirdmobird Posts: 754member
    Is this update baked into the iOS17, watchOS10, and iPadOS betas?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,308member
    mobird said:
    Is this update baked into the iOS17, watchOS10, and iPadOS betas?
    As it just came out today, I’m going to say “no, but it will be in future betas and of course the finished releases.”

But that’s just my logical assumption talking, I’m not a current beta tester or software engineer.
    edited September 2023 Alex1Nwatto_cobra