Nearly every iPhone 15 & iPhone 15 Pro detail spilled by new leak

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    A 10% weight reduction seems like a lot to hope for, but it would be enough to make a noticeable difference in everyday use (and even when you’re just carrying it around and not using it), more than an ultrawide camera, a processor speed upgrade or smaller bezels. Plus, titanium looks great.
    Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.
    My God, Tommy, you certainly got those minerals.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    charlesn said:
    AppleZulu said:
    Brace yourselves for the predictable-like-clockwork complaints of "incrementalism" from the folks who think each annual update should be like the introduction of an entirely new product line. The ho-hums and harumphs and lamentations about how Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs will start during the presentation on the 12th and will continue for at least a week or two… 

This is how Apple keeps a happy customer base, and is the exact reason that each annual update should absolutely be about "incrementalism."
    Lovely bit of personal philosophy that has no basis in how the iPhone business actually works or what it takes to meet Wall Street demands (Apple IS a public company, after all) for iPhone sales. The idea that sales would hit benchmarks if Apple "maybe" converted 3-4 year old iPhones to new models, but more probably a 4-5 year cycle is just laughable. Why do you think they launched the iPhone Upgrade Program that allows participants in it to upgrade their phones every year? Apple needs to get buyers who don't "need" a new iPhone to want and buy a new iPhone nonetheless. And under your fairy tale, there should never be a massive redesign, like the iPhone X, since that would anger those who had bought new phones a year or two or three prior…There should at least be one marquee new feature each year, something to get truly excited about and, I'm sorry, but a USB-C port just doesn't cut it.”  

I might be wrong, but I get the impression that applezulu may not have meant it the way you read it. I think perhaps he just meant that the phone doesn’t need a complete external redesign every year in order to make people excited for the product to release. For example going from the 12 to the 13, there was so little external change that you could continue to use the case you got for your 12 with it. What most of the people I read or listen to said was along the lines of “if you have a 12, there’s really not much to differentiate from the 13 and not worth the upgrade. However, if you have even a 10 or earlier, you’ll see and feel a fairly substantial difference”. As a result, I waited and got the 14 pro max (I’m all about camera improvements), handing my 12 to my daughter who had been using my X since she started middle school. She’s also a really good photographer for her age. 
    Regarding marquee features, there appears to be more to the usb c port in relation to the pro max at least. On the pro max (and may the pro), we’ll be getting usb 4 speeds. Also, hey periscope camera for more optical zoom. Those sound like marquee features to me. 

ronn
  • Reply 23 of 31
    nubus said:
    “The surprise of the year is that 15 will offer most of 14 Pro.

15 Pro seems limited to an even faster CPU (do we need it?), faster cable connections (in the time of wireless)…”

nubus:  Ever tried to back up a teenager’s 30GB photo library over the air or with a lightning cable. Those cables are limited to USB 2.0 speeds, and it appears 2 or possibly 3 of the phones will continue to work at those speeds where wireless can be the same or faster. Not sure if it’s both pro phones or just the Max that will have the ability to work at  thunderbolt 4 speeds. 

…”and materials that can fix the weight problem of Pro (but the base iPhone will still be lighter). Even if 15 Pro is the only one to get Wifi 6E... then 6E is not faster than 6…”
    It’s true that 6E may not be faster than 6, but it’s faster the anything below 6. 

• Reply 24 of 31
     Location features are said to be improved on all of the new iPhones with the introduction of a "U2" ultrawideband chip, the first update to the U1 since its launch in 20219.”

20219-2023 = 18196 ahead into the future!
    :D 
  • Reply 25 of 31
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,416member
    To be brutally honest, I wish I could wave a magic wand and vanquish all the rumors and leaks forever.  

We need to be excited once again.  We can't do that with the incessant talk about what Apple is "about to release" even months before the release.  What infuriates me even more is we now have the idiots talking about the iPhone 16 before the 15 is even released.  That talk started a number of weeks ago, in fact.

The problem is with the tech media only in part.  Much of the blame falls squarely on the consumer of news, who really drive the push to get these leaks and rumors out in the wild.

And no, it's not like we can ignore all news in hopes of not tainting ourselves with leaks and rumors.  We inevitably will spot a headline even if we don't read the article about a leak.  And that is why I wish the leaks could be stopped, for the betterment of us all.
    edited September 2023
  • Reply 26 of 31
    And… it is a 🥱 , as expected. 

I am expecting forums like this one to be on the quiet side post-event. 
  • Reply 27 of 31
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,729member
    I can’t wait to order my iPhone 15 pro max extreme ultra deluxe in February for free after trade-in of my 12 PMEUD. 
  • Reply 28 of 31
    A 10% weight reduction seems like a lot to hope for, but it would be enough to make a noticeable difference in everyday use (and even when you’re just carrying it around and not using it), more than an ultrawide camera, a processor speed upgrade or smaller bezels. Plus, titanium looks great.
    Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work you can always hit them with it.
    I read that with a Russian accent 😂
  • Reply 29 of 31
    jdw said:
    To be brutally honest, I wish I could wave a magic wand and vanquish all the rumors and leaks forever.  

We need to be excited once again.  We can't do that with the incessant talk about what Apple is "about to release" even months before the release.  What infuriates me even more is we now have the idiots talking about the iPhone 16 before the 15 is even released.  That talk started a number of weeks ago, in fact.

The problem is with the tech media only in part.  Much of the blame falls squarely on the consumer of news, who really drive the push to get these leaks and rumors out in the wild.

And no, it's not like we can ignore all news in hopes of not tainting ourselves with leaks and rumors.  We inevitably will spot a headline even if we don't read the article about a leak.  And that is why I wish the leaks could be stopped, for the betterment of us all.
    While we’re at it - Christmas products in the supermarket IN AUGUST. 
  • Reply 30 of 31
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,729member
    Camera bumps have camera bumps now.  

Lighter is better.   There’s too thin and too thick for any given size.  

This will be the best iPhone ever, no matter what.  
  • Reply 31 of 31
    charlesn said:
    AppleZulu said:
    Brace yourselves for the predictable-like-clockwork complaints of "incrementalism" from the folks who think each annual update should be like the introduction of an entirely new product line. The ho-hums and harumphs and lamentations about how Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs will start during the presentation on the 12th and will continue for at least a week or two.

An annual update should never make someone who just bought the previous year's phone angry that they've wasted their money on an already obsolete device. Annual updates are supposed to cumulatively add up to make someone with a 3 to 4 year old iPhone think maybe there's enough new stuff to interest them in an upgrade, and the owner of a 4 to 5+ year old iPhone not be angry about needing to trade their device in for a new one.

This is how Apple keeps a happy customer base, and is the exact reason that each annual update should absolutely be about "incrementalism."
    Lovely bit of personal philosophy that has no basis in how the iPhone business actually works or what it takes to meet Wall Street demands (Apple IS a public company, after all) for iPhone sales. The idea that sales would hit benchmarks if Apple "maybe" converted 3-4 year old iPhones to new models, but more probably a 4-5 year cycle is just laughable. Why do you think they launched the iPhone Upgrade Program that allows participants in it to upgrade their phones every year? Apple needs to get buyers who don't "need" a new iPhone to want and buy a new iPhone nonetheless. And under your fairy tale, there should never be a massive redesign, like the iPhone X, since that would anger those who had bought new phones a year or two or three prior. Also keep in mind that Apple's biggest customer base is in China where it faces increasingly intense competition from Chinese phone makers--Huawei, in particular, fired a big shot across Apple's bow this week. Apple needs to renew excitement about the iPhone annually and you can't do that with "incrementalism." There should at least be one marquee new feature each year, something to get truly excited about and, I'm sorry, but a USB-C port just doesn't cut it. 
    You're funny. It's exactly how the iPhone business works. Yes, there's an "iPhone upgrade program" to cater to the people who have to have each new model. That's a niche market, however. They just do not expect many people to want to buy a new iPhone every year. Check the stats. The average turnover rate is several years, not annually. As they become more expensive, that time frame will continue to stretch out. The 15 Pro's camera is a significant jump over the 14. That alone isn't going to make a person who spent $1,000+ on a phone just a year ago angry, however, because the 14 isn't obsolete junk now. The 15 will have, cumulatively, enough upgraded features to really interest current owners of an 11 or 12, and definitely enough that an owner of a six-year-old iPhone X won't be too upset that it's just been depreciated from support.
    edited September 2023 ronn