Sonos Move 2, Matter 1.2, and more Qi2 devices on the HomeKit Insider Podcast

Posted:
in General Discussion

On this week's episode of the HomeKit Insider podcast, your hosts talk about the Sonos Move 2, the upcoming Matter 1.2 release, and more smart home news.

HomeKit Insider
HomeKit Insider

Sonos launched the long-awaited Move 2 this past week, bringing many of the rumored design changes and improvements. This portable speaker has a new color, better connectivity, dual drivers for stereo sound, updated controls, and much longer battery life.

We also saw a few other smart home products launch including new TP-Link Tapo cameras that work with HomeKit, the Sensible Blaze radiator controller, and a new Lutron pico remote with a paddle switch design.

Outside of new products, we got word that Matter 1.2 could be imminently launching which has the potential to bring new product categories to the standard. Amazon also added bridge support to its Matter devices.

Tangentially smart home related, we saw the continued release of Qi2 devices, this time from Zagg-owned Mophie. It has a series of new home and car chargers that support the new magnetic standard.

Your hosts spent some time on a few mini-reviews this week, including revisiting the Aqara U100 smart lock which supports Apple Home Key and Nomad's 3-in-1 MagSafe charger.

Finally, we did a quick hands-on with the new wall-powered Brilliants mart panel that while looks great, has a few minor design issues.

Links from the show

Subscribe and listen to our AppleInsider Daily podcast for the latest Apple news Monday through Friday. You can find it on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at: [email protected]

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too. If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Just some constructive criticism guys. But I listen to this show for HomeKit information and ideas. Lately it seems there are tons of topics about Sonos, TV reviews, Smart Vacuum's, and iPhone charging accessories. I end up skipping more than half of each episode as many of the topics are not relevant to my HomeKit home. It would be great to hear more automation ideas, more tips or tricks, and of course new products and reviews. Maybe there just isn't enough content to focus wholly on HomeKit, or maybe the show needs a new name to better fit the content. I hate to stop listening, because there is some great HomeKit content, but it seems to have strayed quite a bit.