Apple Watch Ultra 2 gains S9 chip, brighter screen, and new gesture

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,525member
    davgreg said:
    I bought the Ultra Watch last year and am trading it in for the regular Series 9
    Genuinely out of interest, what is it that you want on the Series 9 that you do not have on the Ultra?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,516member
    eightzero said:
    melgross said:
    eightzero said:
    In today's cringeworthy moment: after touting sustainability and carbon-neutral-ness...we move to showing people climbing "the highest mountain" something that is widely known to be a complete ecological disaster. AWU is a cool product, but man...cringe city in highlighting the ability to enable that.
    It’s a watch for extreme athletes, so that wasn’t surprising. A few hundred people each year doing that isn’t going to change anything.
    It's just tone deaf. 

No, it’s telling that part of the market that they can do this, which few will. Only if you’re looking to nitpick would you say that.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,516member

Skeptical said:
    There is no such thing as a preorder. You either order or you don’t order. 
    They mean, as does every other company, that you set up your order without actually putting the order in. You can change your mind when the time comes and not tap the order button. Mine is set up, so I preordered, but I didn’t order yet. Preorders are done before the product is available to order.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 26
    designr said:
    So the question here is always: What previous watch would you be at that might justify an upgrade to, for example, the new Series 9?

I mean last year's? No. Year-over-year updates for Watch or iPhone seem pretty silly these days. But how far back does it seem like "Eh, that's a pretty decent jump in features, functions, performance, etc."?
    I have a series 6 and I think I wanna upgrade. Probably not on launch day or even preorder but I think eventually I'll upgrade. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    DocUpdate said:
    Anyone stop to think why we are paying the same or even higher prices for other peoples recycled materials! Surly the price should go down as the quality or durability has decreased?  I even read Titanium scratches easily.
    Well, clearly YOU haven't stopped to think. Recycled raw materials can be more expensive than new because of the processing required to recycle. You don't just pick it out of the trash and put it into the production line. For this reason, the vast majority of plastic that has the recyclable symbol ends up dumped in the ocean anyway because it's cheaper to buy virgin plastic. So it's very possible that Apple is paying a higher raw material cost in order to use recycled titanium and stick to its carbon neutral goals. Also, the quality and durability of recycled titanium, when properly processed, will be no different from new. As for high grade Ti easily scratching; my Ultra has been banged and knocked around or a year and it's still scratch-free. 
    edited September 2023 watto_cobra