iPhone 15 Pro Max price unchanged from 14 Pro Max -- assuming you want 256GB

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2023

Apple's most expensive iPhone got a little more expensive, but not because of a price change, as the iPhone 15 Pro Max line has ditched the 128GB model.

iPhone 15 Pro Max
iPhone 15 Pro Max

The iPhone 14 Pro started at $1,099 for the 128GB option. Apple has eliminated this option from the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

That means the iPhone 15 Pro Max starts at 256GB of storage for $1,199. Customers choosing the iPhone 15 Pro can still get 128GB for $999.

It isn't clear why Apple made this change. It will raise the average sale price of its most popular, and most expensive, device at launch.

There's also a chance that Apple has data that shows 128GB isn't a popular option for consumers. With ProRAW images and ProRES video, 128GB fills up incredibly fast.

The iPhone 15 Pro Max goes up for pre-order on September 15. Initial shipments and in-store availability begin on September 22.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,917member
    So, 128GB iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro both are at $999 at respective iPhones announcement. So, all the news about the $100 price increase for Pro did not get materialized.
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    That was a good move.
    kdupuis77ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    That was a good move.
    Agreed! Even though I'm not upgrading this go around (Got a 256GB iPhone 14 Pro), it's smart that they no longer offer a model of the Pro Max that has 4K video restrictions (like the 128GB did) AND you could look at it two ways now: 1. You are buying the "upgraded" 256GB iPhone Pro Max and getting the better camera and Ti body "free" -or- 2. You are buying the "entry-level" Pro Max w/ better camera and Ti body and getting the doubled 256GB storage "free". This is my Applenerd-guy math lol.
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 7
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,105member
    Wow, storage prices haven't changed in an entire year?
    edited September 2023 entropyswatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kdupuis77 said:
    That was a good move.
    Agreed! Even though I'm not upgrading this go around (Got a 256GB iPhone 14 Pro), it's smart that they no longer offer a model of the Pro Max that has 4K video restrictions (like the 128GB did) AND you could look at it two ways now: 1. You are buying the "upgraded" 256GB iPhone Pro Max and getting the better camera and Ti body "free" -or- 2. You are buying the "entry-level" Pro Max w/ better camera and Ti body and getting the doubled 256GB storage "free". This is my Applenerd-guy math lol.
    Depends on your view of how much that extra 128GB should cost.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I pay €1600 for a phone with 512gb? Jesus MF Christ.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Anyone remember when they did this 7 years ago with the jet black versions of the 7 and 7 plus (before they offered 32gb versions for those a year later) and also the product red versions of that same model?
    ronnwatto_cobra