Hands on: Apple's new iPhone 15 silicone cases

Posted:
in iPhone

Apple's new iPhone 15 silicone cases come in a range of colors but otherwise haven't changed much from years past. We take a closer look at the new hues.

iPhone 15 silicone cases
iPhone 15 silicone cases

These updated silicone cases with MagSafe are available in all four sizes. The cases are minimalistic, thin, and water resistant, making them a popular choice amongst new iPhone buyers -- especially with their day-one availability.

Apple's silicone Cases for iPhone 15

Apple's new iPhone 15 silicone case lineup comes in eight colors. The colors are:

• Clay

• Cypress

• Black

• Winter Blue

• Storm Blue

• Guava

• Orange Sorbet

• Light Pink
Apple's iPhone 15 silicone cases have a microfiber lining
Apple's iPhone 15 silicone cases have a microfiber lining

Design-wise, the new cases are remarkably similar to prior versions of Apple's silicone cases, other than tweaks in the colors and dimensional changes for the updated phones. The outside is all silicone with a plastic core and a soft-touch microfiber lining.

The entire lineup supports MagSafe, including with a color-matched animation when placed on your phone.

Buttons on Apple's iPhone 15 cases
Buttons on Apple's iPhone 15 cases

The sides have molded silicone buttons that are built directly into the case. They are darker, which makes them easier to see and match the printed Apple logo located on the back.

We're looking at the iPhone 15 Pro Max cases which have the Action Button that replaced the mute toggle.

Storm Blue and Winter Blue cases
Storm Blue and Winter Blue cases

We like the new colors, but they feel oddly dark. Apple's iPhone 15 lineup comes in several pastel colors so we expected to see more vivid colors to pair with them.

They all look good, but we'd have hoped to see a Product(RED) version or even just a lighter green.

The all-new silicone Cases for iPhone 15
The all-new silicone Cases for iPhone 15

The usual customer complaints will continue with the new cases because they still collect lint like crazy. We're fans of these cases and how thin they are, but dirt is especially noticeable on the darker hues.

Of course, if Apple's silicone cases aren't for you, there are plenty of third party options out there.

Available now

Apple's new lineup of silicone cases is available to order now for $49.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    So far, every case I’ve seen on the Apple Store app for the new iPhone Pro Max is drab and depressing. I’m on the update program so I’ll be getting that model. And I definitely need a case or I WILL drop it. Last year they had these colorful Otterbox Figura case’s—but for some reason this year’s version of that case is… yup, drab and depressing. 

So, I’m wondering, is there a department of people, I guess ‘colorists’ might be their job title, who have decided that this year everyone will have a dark outlook on life? Were the managers telling the workers, “less color, less color! That design has too much energy!” Or words to that effect? It’s a mystery. 
    muthuk_vanalingamgrandact73
  • Reply 2 of 3
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    So far, every case I’ve seen on the Apple Store app for the new iPhone Pro Max is drab and depressing. I’m on the update program so I’ll be getting that model. And I definitely need a case or I WILL drop it. Last year they had these colorful Otterbox Figura case’s—but for some reason this year’s version of that case is… yup, drab and depressing. 

So, I’m wondering, is there a department of people, I guess ‘colorists’ might be their job title, who have decided that this year everyone will have a dark outlook on life? Were the managers telling the workers, “less color, less color! That design has too much energy!” Or words to that effect? It’s a mystery. 
    I was thinking the same thing. Watch bands too. 
    muthuk_vanalingamgrandact73
  • Reply 3 of 3

Yeah, you'd think that with how dark the real world is becoming these days, people would want to add a little cheeriness to the lineup.