Notifications in iOS 17 are too quiet, and there's nothing you can do about it

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    maltzmaltz Posts: 459member
    Ok, what am I missing?  I upgraded a 2nd gen (2020) iPhone SE, and it's still using the classic Tri-Tone alert I've chosen for texts and voicemails, and I'm still able to adjust the volume and alert sounds in Sounds & Haptics settings.  I don't see any difference between the options there and on my iOS 16 iPhone 11.

(I do agree that the new default sound is awful, though.  There's no way I'd hear that in many settings, and I guess I don't wear tight-enough pants that I always feel the vibration... lol)

edited September 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 25
    This issue stinks of AntennaGate.  I'm sure the new tone sounded great in the lab but does not work great in the real world, particularly those with hearing loss, tinnitus, or a service-connected hearing disability, or even just in a noisy environment.  I'm waiting for Tim Cook to tell us to "Just avoid listening to it in that way."
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Interesting, so others see this as well. I noticed with Music playing, and having an alarm go off, and not just that sound, I tried many, and it was too low, and I could not adjust differently compared to Music volume.  So always too low.  

side note, I'd stop mentioning X users said so & so, no one cares, those are the dregs of life losers that no one should be taking any heed of.  ;) 
    baconstangwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    danox said:
    the new vertical (+) drawer in Messages. Smooth, slick and easier to access photos.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    kkqd1337 said:
    bc2009 said:
    I've got a better headline for you that should be making news..... watchOS 10 is abysmal and nobody should upgrade before Apple fixes it.

You guys are running articles about the volume level of iOS 17 notifications meanwhile no mention that watchOS 10 gimps your Apple Watch and takes away useful features and gives you the worthless "Dumb Stack" and a Snoopy watch face.

I think the tech reviewers really missed the boat on that.
    Does anyone apart from you actually use their Apple Watch to do anything other than tell the time?

No. So nobody noticed. 
    So two clowns in the thread that can't figure out how to use their Apple Watch.  √

watto_cobra