Confirmed: New PowerMac Has Aluminum Front Panel

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
"Recent Mac-press reports of a new PowerMac enclosure design encouraged us to make contact with several of our sources, to see if we could put any details to these general reports. Fortunately, our efforts paid off with some more specific information about the new pro tower's appearance.

A regular MacWhispers source from the OEM network responsible for PowerMac production has confirmed that the new enclosure is "still primarily a plastic construct," but that the front panel "is nearly all of the same anodized aluminum" used on the newer PowerBooks.

What other details we have learned are less certain, but indicate that the new PowerMac will be "surprisingly sleek," with a general appearance even smoother and less cluttered than the current MDD and prior QuickSilver designs.

We will continue to dig on this topic, and will immediately report any additional details we might uncover about this exciting, and long anticipated Apple PowerMac makeover."

http://www.envestco2.com/macwhispers...ves/000061.php

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    IBL
  • Reply 2 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

IBL

Dammit, i hate it when that happens.... Where is the orginal thread? Or are you just kidding?
  • Reply 3 of 38
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    just two months, just two months....only two months....

Ive's going to catch us off guard with this one --- I don't think any of our preconceptions will match up. A "total departure," eh? I don't know what it'd be.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well, not sure it's confirmed, but it's nice to hear a rumor concerning the case for a change. I can't wait till we can start flaming posters and sites claiming to have leaked photos of the new case.
  • Reply 5 of 38
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

Dammit, i hate it when that happens.... Where is the orginal thread? Or are you just kidding?

I posted it in one of the threads this morning.....

PPC 970 date maybe? I don't remember.

Don't worry, I'm just being an ass
  • Reply 6 of 38
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    I really hope the new case still has handles. No handles would be little bit of an inconvenience...
  • Reply 7 of 38
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bioflavonoid

No, it's the thread title. Your story is everything but "confirmed".

How about "Next PowerMac G4s to have Aluminum Front Panel?".
  • Reply 8 of 38
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

I really hope the new case still has handles. No handles would be little bit of an inconvenience...

Yea but I won't shed a tear if the handle/feet are gone.
  • Reply 9 of 38
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    Cant wait too see one...

Anyone got a pic?
  • Reply 10 of 38
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by low-fi

All I care is that this new case houses the 970. If it does, I don't care if the case comes with boobs...
  • Reply 11 of 38
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

All I care is that this new case houses the 970. If it does, I don't care if the case comes with boobs...

And if they come with boobs, they better be fully functional boobs.

On a more serious note, at this point the 970 could come out in the current enclosure...just so long as it gets here soon!
  • Reply 12 of 38
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    "Suprisinginly sleek" - I like that.
  • Reply 13 of 38
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    I agree that the handles have to stay.

They are so handy
  • Reply 14 of 38
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

I agree that the handles have to stay.

They are so handy

That's what everyone said about the iBook...

Barto
  • Reply 15 of 38
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Yes.

Keep the handles.

Make it smaller.

Make it easier to get to the USB and Firewire ports.

Make it aluminum.

Add some a little chrome.

Keep some plastic for ease of manufacture, lower cost.

Do this:

You know?
  • Reply 16 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

On a more serious note, at this point the 970 could come out in the current enclosure...just so long as it gets here soon!

For all I care, Apple can ship the 970 in a cardboard pizza box. But they better hurry.

In reality, a Ghz 12-inch PowerBook with 1GB RAM and DVI-out is what I really want.

Escher
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

No, it's the thread title. Your story is everything but "confirmed".

How about "Next PowerMac G4s to have Aluminum Front Panel?".

Ya, but I just copy 'n pasted from MacWhisper's site. So, I myself haven't confirmed it, but MacWhispers did.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    It's only confirmed when Apple actually releases or announces it.

Right now it's only rumored.

I'd also be wary of Macwhispers. Remember their definite "new iPod" date? Their track record has not been the best.
  • Reply 19 of 38
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Yawn, yawn, yawn....

Nothing confirmed about it....MacWhispers....need we read more?

On to topic, remember the glowing case design that Apple patented a few months ago......well, don't be surprised to see it come to life, so to speak.

Aluminum....I doubt it.....Quicksilver was much more sexy than the mirrored, wind-tunnel fan blowers.

Smaller, definately. Sexier, you bet. Look to Macboudille for pics though, as they nailed the MD Powermacs.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    why do people want it smaller? its a tower. the smaller you get the less expandability.