iPhone 15 Pro Max review, iOS 17.1 beta, macOS Sonoma details on the AppleInsider Podcast

Posted:
in General Discussion

Your AppleInsider Podcast hosts dive in to iPhone 15 Pro Max features including USB-C support, iOS 17.1 developer beta, and more!

Connectivity options on iPhone 15 Pro
Connectivity options on iPhone 15 Pro

Reviews are in for the iPhone 15 Pro Max and iPhone 15 Pro. USB-C is a big deal for iPhone, but the camera system in the iPhone 15 Pro Max stole the conversation.

Speaking of iPhone 15, there are some complaints about devices getting too hot. There doesn't seem to be a specific device or software setup that creates the problem, and Apple hasn't said anything about it yet.

Apple restarted the beta cycle with iOS 17.1 and the rest. Some of the features that weren't released in iOS and watchOS are expected to be apart of this release, though nothing is in the betas yet.

macOS Sonoma was released earlier in the week and the new video screensavers are impressive. Stephen had some problems with Safari Profiles that Wesley didn't realize existed, but your hosts find the feature useful if complex.

Contact our hosts

Sponsored by:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    For future iOS update - i really would like option to set the phone app to close out when a call ends.  It is too easy to butt dial people by mistake because that phone app will not go away automatically.   Would love to ask the iOS team if they have ever thought of this.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    M68000M68000 Posts: 728member
    I loaded Sonoma on my Air and it appears the login screen has changed so much thst it no longer has a shutdown or restart option.  I can’t believe they did this.