2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    mayflymayfly Posts: 385member
    red oak said:
    mayfly said:
    red oak said:
    mayfly said:
    I used to consider Microsoft to be an evil empire, out to destroy the Jedis at Apple.

But then in 1988, I saw Windows 3 running at a demo at the old Elek-Tek store in Chicago, and thought to myself, "self, there's nothing like this at Apple!" and spent $3,450 for 50 shares of MS at $69.00 and still have it. After reinvesting all dividends until 2019, I now own 1,630.352 shares due to splits, and that investment is now woth $524,647.27 as of today's close (I also re-invested in Apple Inc. when Jobs returned, and no complaints there, either).

So say what you want, I hope MS wins. Apple isn't going to suffer any loss if they lose, since Bing or Google, doesn't matter to the bottom line. To paraphrase the late great Roberto Clemente, "Microsoft been very, very good to me." And I think Satya Nadella is an even better CEO than Gates, certainly by the sheer numbers!
    Thanks for over-sharing, down to the cents 

From the dates, I'm assuming you are 60+ years old.  Hopefully you have several more wins like this to make up for your retirement shortfall 

Thanks for the wishes on my retirement. You're right, I'm 72. Professional Apple user since the original 128K Mac (graphic artist for a printing company), and spent my last 11 working years at Apple. But please, don't concern yourself over a hypothetical "shortfall." My wife and I are doing just fine, thanks!

11 years at Apple.  That is pretty cool.   You have seen it all 
    How long did you work for Apple?