Goldman Sachs regrets Apple Card, and is trying to escape the deal

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    When I got the Apple Card, I mostly got it for one purpose.  To finance an iPhone at zero percent interest on any carrier.  Then they killed that and allowed only 3 carriers, so my recent iPhone 15 was purchased without financing I just paid for it.  

Then multiple calls to customer service were met with hours long delays, I was shocked.   I've never had these types of hold times on anywhere I've ever called, much less a credit card company.   The problem I kept calling about was with virtual card numbers.  I would use a virtual card number at a company where I suspected that providing my credit card number might lead to a problem and didn't accept Apple Pay.  I thought I was all set, make transaction - rotate virtual card number.   But at least for me, charges would keep arriving on the virtual card number.    The final straw was when CS said "theoretically" virtual card numbers should cancel when rotated.   I couldn't believe they were theorizing on the problem, rather than looking for a written procedure on the problem.  

So in the end, the Apple Card seems like a non premium experience and I just cancelled.   
    edited October 2023
  • Reply 42 of 42
    Vampire squid says, “Ouchie!” Boo-hoo, hoo. 
    watto_cobra