Dystopian adventure 'Stray' makes its way to Mac on December 5

Posted:
in macOS

Mac gamers have a new game to look forward to as "Stray" gears up to launch on Apple Silicon-equipped Macs this December.

'Stray' is coming to Mac
'Stray' is coming to Mac

The much-beloved adventure game, Stray, is coming to Mac thanks to Metal 3. The game launched on PC and console in 2022 through Annapurna Interactive and BlueTwelve Studio.

In Stray, players take the role of a stray cat who must untangle an ancient mystery to escape a long-forgotten cybercity. Along the way, the cat befriends a small flying drone, known only as B-12, which helps players unravel the mystery of this dystopian world.

The game will be available on December 5 through both the Mac App Store and Steam for $30. It will be available exclusively for Apple Silicon.

Apple's Metal 3 API and MetalFX enable game developers to make more immersive, graphically intense experiences while balancing performance and battery life on Apple Silicon. This API has caught the eye of some popular developers, with No Man's Sky, which launched on June 1, and Resident Evil Village arriving back in October 2022.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,573member
    Since it's available on the Apple Store, I will buy it. (Unless its privacy statement says it accesses my Address Book or something like that.) I'm glad this article reported that fact, because it's important to me. I wouldn't even mind if the price was higher there, but I see it's not.

P.S. As usual, my new Mac computer is scheduled to arrive four days earlier than the original estimated date, which is tomorrow instead of Nov 14.
    edited November 2023 watto_cobra