'Resident Evil 4' unleashes horror on iPhone 15 Pro, iPad, and Mac on December 20

Posted:
in iOS

Prepare for spine-tingling thrills on the iPhone 15 Pro as Capcom's "Resident Evil 4" hits Apple devices this December, offering a universal gaming experience for survival horror fans.

Image Credit: Capcom
Image Credit: Capcom

Capcom has officially announced that the highly acclaimed Resident Evil 4 is set to land on Apple's iPhone 15 Pro, along with iPads and Macs equipped with Apple Silicon, starting December 20.

While it's being touted as an iPhone 15 Pro title, it's actually a universal title. If you buy the game for your iPhone 15 Pro and own an Apple Silicon iPad or Mac, you can enjoy the game on all three devices without making additional purchases.

Infiltrate the village, save baby Eagle!
Resident Evil 4 launches on December 20th for iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max and all iPads with the M1 chip or later! A demo will be available for those wanting a taste of Leon's intense mission!

Pre-order on the App Store now! pic.twitter.com/4Pbz6Qigx3

-- Resident Evil (@RE_Games)

The game initially launched on PC and various gaming consoles earlier this year, garnering significant acclaim for its faithful recreation of the beloved classic.

The title is priced at $60 since it is a new game, and that's the same price as on PlayStation and Xbox. Those interested can Pre-register for Resident Evil 4.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    HonkersHonkers Posts: 156member
    Cool how it's universal across iOS and Mac, but still a bit sucky how it's App Store exclusive.  I wonder if they'll end up on Steam eventually.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Honkers said:
    Cool how it's universal across iOS and Mac, but still a bit sucky how it's App Store exclusive.  I wonder if they'll end up on Steam eventually.
    Wouldn't hold your breath. I bought Resident Evil Village on Steam, only for it later to turn up in the App Store, and the Steam version doesn't include the Mac version. I expect the same thing will happen here, which means it was probably a good idea not to buy it on Steam when it was on special recently.

For a lot of games, Steam lets you download the Windows and/or Mac version, where available, but it looks like Resident Evil isn't working that way. For instance, I have a couple of the recent Tomb Raiders[ that are cross-platform from Steam, and Return to Monkey Island.

I also picked up the original version of RE4 a while back when it was on special for about A$5, but I find that unplayable. It has controller support, but it doesn't really work very well, and keyboard and mouse is just awkward to use. At least the RE2 and RE3 re-releases fixed a lot of the UI problems, so I expect RE4 to do the same.

edited November 2023 watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I'm still somewhat skeptical that mainstream AAA gamers will spend $60 to play this on a phone screen.  A Mac or an iPad I could see, but a phone?  Even one as fast as the 15?  Not so sure.

Won't mind being wrong though.  It might encourage Apple to pay more attention to AA and AAA gaming in the future.
    watto_cobra