Apple distributes the third tvOS 17.2 developer beta

Posted:
in tvOS

Apple has brought out the third developer beta of tvOS 17.2, which can be installed to the Apple TVs of test participants.

Developers taking part in the beta can get the latest builds through the Apple Developer Center, or by updating any Apple TV set-top boxes that are already running the beta. Public beta versions generally arrive a short time after the developer counterparts, and the public can sign up to test them via the Apple Beta Software Program when they become available.

The third tvOS 17.2 developer beta arrives after the second, which Apple distributed on November 9, while the first appeared on October 26.

The third beta is build number 21K5348f, while the second was 21K5341f.

The TV app is the main focus of updates in tvOS 17.2, which now has a sidebar for showing content based on integrated channels, such as Disney+ and Paramount+. This streamlines the interface a bit, and gives service-specific browsing opportunities.

AppleInsider and Apple strongly advise users don't install beta operating systems, or beta software in general, on to "mission-critical" or primary devices, as there is the chance of issues that could result in the loss of data. Testers should instead use secondary or non-essential hardware and ensure they have sufficient backups of their critical data at all times.

Find any changes in the new betas? Reach out to us on Twitter at @AppleInsider or @Andrew_OSU, or send Andrew an email at [email protected].

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Ever since the last 17.2 I've been unable to use dictation in the search field of any app. any time I hold down the side button on the remote it immediately goes to global/Siri search instead of filling in the text field.   Which greatly diminishes the tvOS experience. I didn't realize how much I depended on voice/dictation until now.