Which Hard Drive adapter for Mac Studio M1 Ultra?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited November 2023
Wanting to back up all sorts of old hard drives from machines like my mac pro, and various previous older macs..

Which is the best adapter to buy?

Came across this one:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Unitek-Adapter-External-Support-Recovery-dp-B0BRRYKTW2/dp/B0BRRYKTW2/

But does anyone have recommendations for ones they have used? Also what is the best NAS, storage options for the Mac Studio?

Any advice / info appreciated

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,922administrator
    sparkie7 said:
    Wanting to back up all sorts of old hard drives from machines like my mac pro, and various previous older macs..

Which is the best adapter to buy?

Came across this one:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Unitek-Adapter-External-Support-Recovery-dp-B0BRRYKTW2/dp/B0BRRYKTW2/

But does anyone have recommendations for ones they have used? Also what is the best NAS, storage options for the Mac Studio?

Any advice / info appreciated

As far as multiple drive interface adapters to get at old IDE drives and whatnot, they're all about the same. The mainboards are made by two manufacturers, and the externals vary by packager.

I like Synology for NAS. It's got frequently updated software, and a wide array of hardware choices.
    edited November 2023 sparkie7
  • Reply 2 of 3
    What do you thin of the amazon adapter in the link above?

What drives have you got setup with your Synology, and where did you get yours from, any recommendations 
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,922administrator
    sparkie7 said:
    What do you thin of the amazon adapter in the link above?

What drives have you got setup with your Synology, and where did you get yours from, any recommendations 
    RE: adapter, I'm sure it's fine.

As far as drives go, I haven't been picky. I've found sales on cased drives, and shucked them out of the enclosures.
    sparkie7