giFTBox (like KaZaA) for Mac OS X

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Well I downloaded acquisition, and it put its incomplete folder on my desktop which i dont like so i moved it to my home folder. But now when i download i get the error message unable to move to download folder... what gives?
  • Reply 22 of 29
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    What gives is you haven't changed your preferences.

But seriously, from what I gather Aquisition is an aqua gui over the Limewire Java codebase. I could be wrong, and forget what led me to believe this. The source code for Aquisition is available somewhere (GPLed, because Limewire is GPL?), but I've searched and never found it.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    What prefrences where? the ones in acquisition dont give me an option to do that...
  • Reply 24 of 29
    What I want to do is be able to move the incomplete folder from my desktop.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Ok, for those of you that have acquisition, where does your incomplete folder reside?
  • Reply 26 of 29
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    It puts the Incomplete folder in the same location as your downloads folder.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    ohh thanks
  • Reply 28 of 29
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    logan a triple post that was impressive!

acquistion is the best there is
  • Reply 29 of 29
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I've been using giFT for a long while, though somewhere in there my binary died and project builder stopped, building it. This new version works as well as ever, and it seems the user base has quadrupled since I was last able to connect.

A few quick tips, the 'Preferences...' menu item doesn't really work, it's just the front end. To edit your configuration files you're going to have to turn to the terminal.

All conf files are stored in ~/.giFT

The preferences you're most interested in will be in gift.conf, open it via pico in a fresh terminal window.

pico ~/.giFT/gift.conf

It will look something like mine, except of course that mine has been configured to my taste. Gift now uses the same Incomplete/Downloads folders as Acquisition and shares 3 seperate folders.

Code:

# gift.conf

[main]

setup = 1

plugins = /Applications/GiftBoX.app/Contents/PlugIns/libOpenFT.so

[download]

incoming = /Users/serrano/Downloads/Incomplete

completed = /Users/serrano/Downloads

[sharing]

max_peruser_uploads = 1

hide_dot_files = 1

root = /Users/serrano/Downloads:/Users/serrano/Music:/Users/serrano/Movies

If anyone could post how to configure the different giFT modes (ie. index/search/etc.) I would greatly appreciate it. I think you have to edit the class value in ~/.giFT/OpenFT/OpenFT.conf but I'm not sure to what value. The giFT IRC channel is less than friendly.