Hit the track with 'Grid Legends', now available for Apple Silicon Macs

Posted:
in macOS

Experience the thrilling world of professional motorsports with 'Grid Legends' on macOS, featuring intense action and heated rivalries.

'Grid Legends' now available on Mac App Store
'Grid Legends' now available on Mac App Store

Players have the option to choose from over 120 vehicles from 10 different categories in 24 locations. They can test their skills with high-performance cars including prototype GTs, hypercars, trucks and open-wheelers. Players can compete against others or challenge themselves to beat their personal best in various types of races such as Circuit races, Elimination races, Drift competitions, and Classic Car-Nage.

Grid Legends boasts the largest career mode ever seen in the Grid series. Additionally, it includes a highly customizable Race Creator, allowing players to set race type, location, weather conditions, and rules for bespoke events.

The game features a unique live-action story focusing on bitter rivalries and incredible on-track duels. Additionally, this edition of Grid Legends includes all of the games the DLC at no additional charge.

Grid Legends is available for all Apple Silicon Macs and can be purchased exclusively through the App Store for $39.99.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Too bad there isn't a demo.

I'd like to know if my steering wheel (Thrustmaster T300 RS, not listed on Feral's site) is supported.
    And if the pedals work (I guess they do because they connect through the wheel) and the wheel's force feedback works.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    How fine it will be when all vehicles in racing games, and in real life, are electric, and there will be no more roaring, just the odd sound of brakes squealing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,327moderator
    jeromec said:
    Too bad there isn't a demo.

I'd like to know if my steering wheel (Thrustmaster T300 RS, not listed on Feral's site) is supported.
    And if the pedals work (I guess they do because they connect through the wheel) and the wheel's force feedback works.
    There are videos of people using the T300 so it looks like the game supports it:

https://simracingsetup.com/product-guides/grid-legends-steering-wheel-compatibility/

Mac input support might be different but it's usually possible to refund app purchases.

It would be nice if Microsoft would port Forza over. They'd have to add a Metal renderer to Forzatech engine though so that will probably have to be done via a compatibility layer, either Parallels with DirectX 12 support or Crossover with the Microsoft account APIs.
    watto_cobra