Stussy-branded Beats Studio Pro go on sale December 15

Posted:
in General Discussion

Beats has collaborated with streetwear label Stussy on a pair of Beats Studio Pro, with a 1990's-inspired design scheme used for the limited-edition headphones.

The Apple-owned Beats has collaborated with a number of high-profile design and fashion brands on special editions of its product. Following successful collaborations with Olive & June and Kim Kardashian, Beats has added one more brand to the collection.

Streetwear brand Stussy has worked with Beats on a version of the Beats Studio Po headphones. The collaboration, supposedly based on 1990s personal electronics according to HypeBeast, has resulted in throwback-inspired headphones.

The color scheme of light beige earcups and cushions in the same sort of color as urethane skateboard wheels, while the main band is dark grey. The Beats branding remains on the ears, with the Stussy name on the top of the headband and logos inside the earcups.

Aside from the visuals, the Beats Studio Pro are still stock, including ANC and Transparency support, extensive battery life lasting up to 40 hours, one-touch pairing with iOS devices, "Hey Siri" and Find My support, and Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking.

The Stussy-branded Beats Studio Pro will be available from Stussy's online store, select Stussy chapter stores, and select Dover Street Market locations on Friday, December 15, priced at $349.99.

If you don't fancy paying full price for branded headphones, you can still pick up the Beats Studio Pro at a discount, with Amazon selling them for half price.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I recently needed noise-cancelling headphones with long battery life for editing video projects in my office, and I very much prefer buying an Apple product where one exists for a given need. As Beats is an Apple brand and reviews for the Beats Studio Pro tend to say these headphones are in several ways an improvement on the Apple AirPods Max, I bought the Studio Pro during a recent half-price sale. No regrets at all, especially for about $180. (I wouldn't pay $350 just to get this Stussy version.)

To me, this demonstrates two things: $200, plus or minus $20, feels like a good price range for these products … as in $180 for the Beats Studio Pro, and perhaps $220 for the sturdier Apple AirPods Max. I was reluctant to consider the Beats Studio Pro for the original $350 price, and $550 for the AirPods Max? Too salty for me. (Yeah, I know this pricing scheme doesn't leave proper room for the AirPods Pro at $250. I'm just suggesting that the original prices for the Beats Studio Pro and Apple AirPods Max are too high.)

The other is that Apple needs either to discontinue the first-gen AirPods Max or put the product on a faster upgrade cycle.