Apple releases macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 with bug fixes

Posted:
in macOS edited December 2023

On Tuesday, Apple updated macOS Sonoma to 14.2.1, which the company says features only unspecified bug fixes.

macOS Sonoma
macOS Sonoma

This release comes eight days after Apple brought out macOS Sonoma 14.2, which similarly had bug fixes but did also update how favorites work in Apple Music.

The new macOS Sonoma 14.2.1, release build 23C71, replaces that and comes as Apple also issues an incremental update to iOS 17.

The new macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 is rolling out to all users, but that process can take days or even weeks if automatic updates are selected.. To request the update immediately, open the System Settings app, select General, then Software Update. If the update is available, click Update now and follow the on-screen instructions.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,376member
    While I haven't seen the update being available yet this is one tiny bit of information about what is in this update:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT214048
    appleinsideruserwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I wish the update would solve an issue that no internet connection in 5G without restarting iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    dewme said:
    While I haven't seen the update being available yet this is one tiny bit of information about what is in this update:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT214048
    Ah yes, this was a huge privacy bug, glad it's fixed quickly.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Sonoma broke finder when displaying photos on a network server using SMB. Sonoma 14.1 didn't fix it. I spent a week working with Apple Care working on the problem without fixing it. Finally Sonoma 14.2 fixed the problem. I don’t know why the Apple Care techs weren't aware of the problem or the fix. They should have access to a bug database and release notes that describe the problems fixed in each release. It was a frustrating experience that wasted a lot of time gatering data to debug the problem.
    watto_cobra