How to add unsupported cards to Apple Wallet

Posted:
in iPhone edited March 15

While you probably already know that you can use the iPhone Wallet app to store credit and debit cards, you can also use it to store reward cards and membership cards. Here's how to do it.

Like most of us, you've probably amassed dozens of membership and rewards cards over the years. And, if you're like most of us, you always seem to misplace the cards when you need them the most.

Instead of spending all your time rifling through your wallet, purse, or bag, take the time to add your rewards cards to the Wallet App.

While some rewards cards will allow you to add them to your iPhone via an in-app prompt automatically, or with the click of a button on the company's website, many cards are unsupported. For those cards, there's a relatively easy workaround.

For this example, we'll use Pass2U, a popular Wallet management app. Pass2U can be used for free but has a one-time $1.99 in-app purchase that allows for more customization options.

How to add a rewards card or membership card to iPhone

1. Download thePass2U app on your iPhone

2. Launch Pass2U

3. At the top, tap the Search button

4. Type in the name of the rewards card, if you have one

5. Find a template you like and tap it

6. Tap Next

7. Fill out the fields required

8. Scan your card's barcode using the Scan feature

9. When finished, tap Done

If you purchase the pro version of Pass2U, you can create your own templates.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    It's too bad Apple themselves hasn't provided this capability.
    d_2
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cmfcmf Posts: 66member
    It's too bad Apple themselves hasn't provided this capability.
    I thought Apple already had a system inside Passkit (Wallet's API) to deal with these kinds of generic or unsupported cards? Was it announced as a feature (years ago, can't remember when) and then pulled from the GM release?
    edited December 2023
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I don’t want to turn over my personal data to Pass2U.  I just take a photo of my reward cards, works just fine.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    @ralphie ;

How does using the app turn your data over to Pass2U? What evidence do you have that this is taking place?

Having used the app for a few months I see no evidence that this is happening.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I used another similar app, Pass4Wallet, to add unsupported cards, and though it seemed to work fine initially, at some unknown point, they all disappeared from my Wallet.

Reviews show others have experienced the same issue.  Not going to go through that hassle again and watch it go for naught.

No other issues with my Wallet, BTW, which still holds boarding passes from trips I took years ago, as well as Apple Store Receipts.

Whatever unsupported hacks these apps do to achieve their aims shouldn't be counted as reliable.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I've been using CardStar for years. No workarounds or costs. 
  • Reply 7 of 10
    citpeks said:
    I used another similar app, Pass4Wallet, to add unsupported cards, and though it seemed to work fine initially, at some unknown point, they all disappeared from my Wallet.
    I’ve used Pass4Wallet too but not experienced any issues with them disappearing. The problem is the wallet passes are pretty plain and not easy to differentiate at first glance. I only used it because I wanted to add three grocery loyalty cards so they show on my Apple Watch since it’s the one app that doesn’t darken the screen when you lower your wrist to use it.

Generally, I use Mobile-Pocket to organise my loyalty cards and it has a widget which is great in a stack because you can just flip through them like a Rolodex 
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Click-Bait and Switch much !?!?!

The "Bait" --- Title a blog with

How to add unsupported cards to Apple Wallet

The "Switch" ---

Well you cannot actually do that, so let me promote some third party app.

"facepalm"
    MplsPiqatedo
  • Reply 9 of 10
    I find Stocard to be a better option.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    I find Stocard to be a better option.
    Because...?

No reason.