well i got my new 17ich and had it for all of 2 mins!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
well i got my new 17ich and had it for all of 2 mins!!! - I took it straight back as it had dead pixels - RUBBISH!!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    how many, where, and why am I not surprised? some people just have bad karma

did you exchange or just a full refund?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Hopefully there are enough of them that you can get a replacement. Depends on where you purchased it.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kittylitterdesign

well i got my new 17ich and had it for all of 2 mins!!! - I took it straight back as it had dead pixels - RUBBISH!!!!!!!

I guess this is your first LCD screen?
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

I guess this is your first LCD screen?

no...

if i recall correctly, this is his 3rd powerbook...

first he had the 1152X768 version

then he got the 1280X854 and said it was too big

now he has the 1440X900 and complains it is too small...

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=23213

... let me see if i can find the old thread...
  • Reply 5 of 23
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yea I remember that...Maybe it's a conspiracy! Remember it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you!
  • Reply 6 of 23
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    they're out there anyways.. aren't they?
  • Reply 7 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    What the hell was that?!?!

\
  • Reply 8 of 23
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Are you still here bothering us? Don't you have some kitty litter to design or something?
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

how many, where, and why am I not surprised? some people just have bad karma

did you exchange or just a full refund?

I got a full refund - It had 2 dead pixels - I always get a full refund even on just 1 dead pixel - I don't know USA apple shoppers deal with it when they say that 1 or 2 dead pixels is not enough to get a refund - I shop here in the UK where you can change with just 1 dead pixel..
  • Reply 10 of 23
    why didn't you exchange it for a new one? its not like the store has control of dead pixels...
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Did somebody say conspiracy theory?

• Reply 12 of 23
    Then what the hell are you whining about? I can see you coming here in a fit if you got stuck with a machine with several dead pixels... but they give you another, brand new, perfect machine and you STILL have to come and start a useless thread like this. Some people...
  • Reply 13 of 23
    People, I can't believe you. Let's have a minute of silence for the two dead pixels. Show your manners.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce

Did somebody say conspiracy theory?

I hear them whispering!
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

People, I can't believe you. Let's have a minute of silence for the two dead pixels. Show your manners.

we don't like kittylitter, that's all. he upset us all some time ago... search the forums for threads from him... you'll soon understand us.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Then what the hell are you whining about? I can see you coming here in a fit if you got stuck with a machine with several dead pixels... but they give you another, brand new, perfect machine and you STILL have to come and start a useless thread like this. Some people...

Let him whine. It's useless. Some people....
  • Reply 17 of 23
    No thats the point I forgot to mention

they can not replace it for another 6 weeks - seems the UK si still 6 weeks away from any new stock..

That means that by then (mid June) it will have been 6 months since Apple annouced the product to it finally arriving beyond some few holy grail models....6 months!! THAT IS HOPELESS
  • Reply 18 of 23
    OK, enough is enough.

Don't feed the trolls people, they go away if you ignore them. (yes, I know I am guilty too)

Just smile as this thread slips down the page. Please resist and put the flame throwers down. Let it die a slow death.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Heheh. Yeah this is the guy that two days ago was saying the screen is crap... then he goes and buys one?
  • Reply 20 of 23
    I have had my new 17 for about a week now, it is fantastic...(and I can't even see any pixels)