Apple Vision Pro expected to launch in February

Posted:
in Apple Vision Pro edited January 7

Apple is starting to prepare for the launch of the Apple Vision Pro, with stock arriving at distribution centers and stores getting ready for a release in February.

Apple Vision Pro
Apple Vision Pro

Apple's inbound mixed-reality headset has always been slated for an early 2024 launch in the United States. While rumors claimed an end of January launch was a possibility, it now seems that a February introduction could be on hand.

Writing in Sunday's "Power On" newsletter for Bloomberg, Mark Gurman claims the headset is being shipped out to warehouses across the United States "in small quantities" before being ent out to Apple Stores. There is believed to be enough supplies available for a launch in February.

Apple is also expected to make some form of announcement about the Apple Vision Pro within the next week, to steal some of the attention away from the upcoming CES.

Continuing previous reports, Apple has started to fly two to four retail employees from U.S. Apple Stores to Cupertino for training for a new product, which isn't mentioned but is "obviously" the headset.

The plan is for those employees to return to their home stores to train others on the Apple Vision Pro. All U.S. stores will apparently have three-hour meetings for all employees on January 21, which are believed to be when the in-store training will take place, with further training expected in later days.

Later in the week and into the following week, stores will start to receive new inventory racks, as well as start to change out backroom equipment.

Rumor Score: Likely

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    But,I thought you guys said it was likely to come out in January. It all depends on what prophet Gurman tells you guys,huh?
    Gabymacxpresswilliamlondonnubuspulseimageswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 10
    8thman8thman Posts: 29member
    Awesome sauce!
    I wear Reading glasses and am concerned about the costs and any compromises.
    ronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 10
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,824member
    But,I thought you guys said it was likely to come out in January. It all depends on what prophet Gurman tells you guys,huh?
    Well Mark Gurman will just keep switching dates around like he always does so that he can say he was right. He doesn't really know shit in the end and very rarely ever does. All he does it continuously throw shit at the wall until something sticks and then claims he knew all along. 
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 10
    thttht Posts: 5,484member
    8thman said:
    Awesome sauce!
    I wear Reading glasses and am concerned about the costs and any compromises.
    The focal point looks to be about 30 to 50 inches, which is a lot farther than for reading something in your had or a computer monitor. You may need a prescription to see at the distance designed for the VP. So, test first so you can get the right prescription.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 10
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,323member
    Er, yes. News that has not been formally announced relies on sources who may change their story based on new information, or simple things like executive mind-changing about things. That’s how rumour reporting works.

Are you new to journalism?
    Alex1NWhiskeyAPPLEciderStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 10
    First day buyer…not!
    9secondkox2
  • Reply 7 of 10
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,323member

macxpress said:
    Well Mark Gurman will just keep switching dates around like he always does so that he can say he was right. He doesn't really know shit in the end and very rarely ever does. All he does it continuously throw shit at the wall until something sticks and then claims he knew all along. 
    Well, yes, but he remains the best “guesser” (he has sources but they don’t always know the whole story) in the biz, so AI quotes him the most.

Both AI and its audience would be gone in short order if they only waited until Apple officially announced things.

But if you’ve got better insight and sources than Gurman (and can prove it), I’m sure AI would be very happy to replace him with you.
    Alex1NWhiskeyAPPLEciderStrangeDaysronnwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 10
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,824member
    chasm said:

macxpress said:
    Well, yes, but he remains the best “guesser” (he has sources but they don’t always know the whole story) in the biz, so AI quotes him the most.

Both AI and its audience would be gone in short order if they only waited until Apple officially announced things.

But if you’ve got better insight and sources than Gurman (and can prove it), I’m sure AI would be very happy to replace him with you.
    Yeah it's easy to be when you throw so much shit out there and keep changing your mind. He doesn't really know...he just makes it look like he does. He'll literally say one thing, backtrack or modify it, or even change the timeframe. Then move on to something else and repeat the process. 
    edited January 7 Alex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 10
    thttht Posts: 5,484member
    Apple is also expected to make some form of announcement about the Apple Vision Pro within the next week, to steal some of the attention away from the upcoming CES.
    If Apple is announcing availability next week, people will be able to come in, try it, configure it, and buy it by end of January, imo.

If it is available to buy in late February, no announcement until early February. 

So, a video only event like the M3 Mac event with press briefings at various Apple locations? Next week is an announcement of an event to follow in a week or two later?

Don’t be surprised if it is Apple Retail store purchasing only for a while. You need to know your prescription, which could be different from your current glasses, your head size for the light seal and strap size, and then actually using it may cause motion sickness, sweating or other discomfort. 

It’s a wearable of much more complication than a watch or headphones. It’s going to be important to find the right fit to be able to use the device for a significant amount of time. 
    badmonkAlex1Nwatto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 10
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,590member
    tht said:
    using it may cause motion sickness, sweating or other discomfort. 
    I have a condition that makes it painful to wear a headset for too long, perhaps an hour at most, so I may not be able to wear this device either.

With a monitor in front of my face I can move my head forward or backward to adjust my focal distance, which can reduce pressure on the focussing muscles in my eyes.
    9secondkox2