TP-Link reveals its new video door lock with HomeKey support

Posted:
in General Discussion

TP-Link has announced its Smart Video Door Lock at CES 2024, promising seven ways to unlock it, from fingerprint scanner to Siri.

TP-Link's forthcoming smart video lock
TP-Link's forthcoming smart video lock

Following Lockly's first HomeKey-enabled smart lock, TP-Link has previewed its forthcoming equivalent. Variously named the Smart Video Door Lock or the Tapo DL130, it's HomeKit compatible and features "bank-grade fingerprint recognition."

In all, the seven ways to open the smart lock are:

• Fingerprint scanner

• Keypad

• Tapo app

• RFID

• Siri, Google Home, and Alexa)

• Temporary passcodes

• A physical key

The smart lock includes a 2K 5MP built-in video doorbell that provides a 180 degree view. It also has a speaker that can play back prerecorded messages to vistors, and a spotlight for night vision. It also features a door sensor with autolocking when the door is closed.

TP-Link has not announced any pricing or specific release date, but does say that it is coming soon.

Read the AppleInsider guide to the best of CES 2024.

AppleInsider is at the 2024 Consumer Electronics Show this week until January 12, with our reporters seeing the latest HomeKit devices, Apple accessories, 8K monitors, massive televisions, and more in-person throughout the event. You can keep up with the event's coverage on the AppleInsider app, our YouTube channel, on Facebook, and our X @AppleInsider account for the latest news as it breaks. Also, check out our official Instagram account for exclusive photos and videos throughout the event.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    RespiteRespite Posts: 111member
    Where do you stick the key?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mknelsonmknelson Posts: 1,127member
    Respite said:
    Where do you stick the key?
    The page on tp-link-com doesn't show much, and no downloads available. I suspect the key is for emergency use so you may need to pop off a cover.

Also, it's probably 8+ methods to open once the Lock Picking Lawyer gets his hands on one…
    edited January 9 ForumPostwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    Doesn't HomeKit prevent unlocking through Siri on purpose, as a safety concern? Someone could easily yell into an open window and instruct the voice assistant to unlock the door. If I ask Siri, through my HomePod, to unlock the door, it makes me accept on the phone.
    ForumPostwatto_cobra