Apple quietly increased the Find My limit to 32 items

Posted:
in AirTag

The Find My items limit has increased from 16 to 32 as of iOS 16, confirmed by a recently updated support document.

A smartphone screen displays the Find My app with a list of items:
Find My app

It is easy to accumulate AirTags and Find My compatible devices, so Apple's previous limit of 16 items could be hit quickly for some power users. However, that limit increased as of iOS 16, but Apple didn't say anything about it until now.

The Find My item limit has increased to 32 as of iOS 16 according to a support document shared by X user @nicolas09F9 and first discovered by MacRumors. That's double the original 16-item limit and includes AirTags, Find My compatible trackers, and AirPods.

From the support document:

You can add up to 32 items in Find My. In addition to AirTag and the third-party Find My network accessories in the Items tab, AirPods Max count as one item, AirPods and AirPods Pro (1st generation) count as two items, and AirPods Pro (2nd generation) count as three items.

Even if 16 devices sounds like a lot, it's not hard to reach that number -- especially with AirPods Pro 2. We have 14 items by our count, so we were close to that initial limit.

The 32-item limit will be much harder to reach, but as they say, challenge accepted. More and more products are entering the market with Find My capabilities outside of AirTag, so it's not difficult to imagine accumulating quite the collection.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    Someone please conjecture as to why they have such an arbitrarily low limit. I'm finding more and more items that I own where I wish I had an AirTag on it.
    Alex1Nwatto_cobra