Apple Vision Pro customers face a 25-minute in-store sales pitch

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    Interesting stuff. 
    edited January 16
  • Reply 62 of 68
    Sounds irritating.  Maybe it's for the best that they try this out in the USA instead and iron out the annoyances before inflicting it on the rest of us.
    williamlondon
  • Reply 63 of 68
    MisterKit said:
    AVP is not a toaster. I think Apple is spot on with curating the user community. I also predict AVP will be in scarce supply.
    I would expect that a 25-ish minute familiarization session with the device is an attempt to ward off calls to a help desk on how to use it.  I also expect that session to lengthen as they receive feedback from their help desk on what wasn't covered.

While it might seem weird at first to delay a person's purchase by that long when they just want to buy a device, I can't help but think it will help both Apple and the consumer in the long run.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 68
    MisterKit said:
    A 2 dimensional tutorial is an inaccurate blueprint for spatial computing. I don't understand why anyone would scoff at the opportunity to experience and better understand the real thing. I'm completely behind Apple doing it this way to minimize the spread of misinformation.
    If you’re using a spatial computing device (I.e. AR/VR headset), then the tutorial would be all “spatially.” Not 2d. Unless the device just didn’t work. But it does. A optional tutorial should be the only thing. Not a mandatory sales spiel followed by a tutorial. 
    And there is no mandatory sales pitch.  None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Probably should have read the linked Gurman article or just kept your comment to “I have no idea what I’m talking about.”  
    williamlondonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 65 of 68
    XedXed Posts: 2,822member
    I wonder where the Chicken Little's are now seeing as how the AVP can be ordered online and sent right to your home without a mandatory sales pitch demo? Are they now going to claim that Apple reversed course because of "valid" concerns they brought up as if the forced sales pitch for a new device category was ever a thing?

Mine is being sent directly to me. The sizing setup with the QR-like code in my Mac's browser which was scanned with my iPhone and then used the Face ID tech to size my face was pretty neat. Did AI do an article or video on that?

I look forward to seeing how accurate they were. I may very well take it into the store to make sire it's an ideal fit and because I do kinda miss how we used to wait in line at an Apple Store to get the new iPhone in its early days. Hard to believe that was introduced over 17 years ago. 
    edited January 21
  • Reply 66 of 68
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,448member
    I assume the 25min hands-on is the 10 one they have posted to youtube with more time for flow. 
  • Reply 67 of 68
    thttht Posts: 5,616member
    mattinoz said:
    I assume the 25min hands-on is the 10 one they have posted to youtube with more time for flow. 
    For people who want to run through the guided demo, sure. But if you want to explore, I bet they will let you do that. 

It's going to depend on how many demo units they have, and how busy those demo units are. If they are not busy, they'll let you surf it just like with all of the other hardware. Really, people should demo it as long as they possibly can if they are serious about buying.